gordonjerry is offline New Member

Need help with inner and upper chest

I have stubborn upper and inner chest muscles, lately I have switched to incline only for pressing and controlled incline dumbbell flies. Any tips for bringing out this area? Would front military press on shoulder day help any with the upper chest at all?

TripleX is offline New Member
    Personally I believe this has worked great for me. I almost have always hit inclines first. I rarely ever get a spot. I feel I don't recover like I use to,so I'm careful not to over train. I believe a lot of people have trouble developing the chest they want because it's so easy to get carried away with sets and weight. I like to stop just short of failure and thats why I don't like spots. You want to feel that chest working, not the shoulders aching! If I train the my chest heavy(sets down to 4 reps for instance) my shoulders feel like they did the work so I try to keep my weight reasonable to where I can still get 8 reps. I do pyramid type lifting( I'm getting old and it takes a few sets to warm up completely ) I will only do 2-3 heavy sets on the incline and then go straight to either smith flat bench or dumbell presses (also flat) 3 good sets of 10 reps sometimes a little lower on the reps. Then I do either flat or incline flys.Make sure you get a good stretch and squeeze your chest super hard at the top. I switch the flat and incline flys every workout. The most outstanding body part I have is my chest. I hope some of this might help you reach your goals.

Peace,
    TripleX

gordonjerry is offline New Member

Good advice

TripleX, I have gotten into a crazy amount of sets. So I will take your advice and work with the routine and tips you suggested. I will post pics soon so all can evaluate my progress.

TripleX is offline New Member

Thumbs up

Good luck

Thread Information