yellows2k is offline Member

New Workout For Me

Wow, this workout screams overtraining. But in the 2 weeks I have done this, I have gone up in strength somewhat. Too soon to make conclusive conclusions but here goes. Please don't tell me it's overtraining, I know that! It's just something new I tried...oh well here goes:

Day1 Push
    Day2 Pull
    Day3 Legs
    Day4 Repeat

Days off? Whenever I feel like not lifting or if I miss a day due to school work or regular work.

To go more in depth, each day has one of the big 3 compound excercises, squat, deads, and bench. I do those first and measure my progress and then do whatever excercises I feel like doing that day, like on day1 for push I do bench, then inclind db or decline bb, then go to shoulder press or close grips. I don't do all the excercises every time, some days I skip shoulders, some days I skip tris. My rep range is anywhere from 2-10.

This has been working effectively, maybe cuz I have only been lifting for 1.5 years, who knows? I'll continue it til I see no progress...

Anyways, just wanted to share. Oh, the one part a week thing never worked for me. I think my muscles recover quicker and get too much rest for the next session. WHo knows?

I only do 1-2 excercises for each body part by the way.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    It seems like a nice little switch up for your muscles, they are probably confused as all hell with this new routine. Let us know how long you keep seeing results and if the signs of overtraining show their ugly face anytime soon. Plus, what is your diet look like on this, don't break it meal by meal just the macros and cals. I have heard that there is no such thing as overtraining but only under eating. (belive this to a point)

Pain

Still cutting, 2000-2500 calories, depending on body part and activity level

35P/35C/30F split for the most part, almost an isocaloric split

Every 6-7 days I carb up, 2500 calories 35P/40C/25F

On rest days 2000 calories, 40P/30C/30F

Thread Information