Full Intensity is offline Anabolic Member

Kinda the same but different

i know buddy posted something similar to this but u guys like posting so dont be bitching LOL! anyway i have been doing squats and i notice that my lower back does not hurt but gets really stiff and most of the time now when it gets stiff i bend over and it sounds like water is moving in my lower back and you hear two cracks! how big of a prob is this?

come on !

dane26 is offline Retired Moderator
    sounds like you're bending over too much when you squat. back should be as straight as possible

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Does it hurt?

Full Intense,
    Does it hurt? To tell you the truth I hear all kinds of funny noises no joking. I guess it is just part of getting older however if your really concerned you may want to call your doctor up and just ask him over the phone if he thinks you need to get it checked out. I have never heard of this particular problem before. I hope all goes well. Any body else ever had this problem?
    IC

Capital X is offline Associate Member

Try switching to leg presses

I may not have Tom Platz legs but I have made really good progress using the leg press. It takes much of the pressure off of your back. You must listen to your body, if it hurts make adjustments and if it continues, don't hesitate to see a doctor before it is too late.

Capital X

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    The popping and cracking your hearing is most likely fluids within your joints, I can tell you from experience that if it pain does not come along with the noise there is nothing to worry about. As for the stiffness I would say that it is probably lactic acid build up, unless the stiffness remains constant for a days after your workout. Tonight I trained legs, by the time I finished my low back was so pump it hurt, the major contributor to this is I'am currently charged with vitamin s and the increase in blood volume causes outragous blood flow to any muscle put under stress. When you trian legs, your low back is constantly support heavy loads. Plus I have a problem keeping my abs tight during the exercises, mainly because I dont train them in the offseason.
    Once I start training them 16 to 20 weeks out from a show my back stiffness goes away.

I can also tell you from experience that if your low back is constantly getting stiff it can lead to strains, which I have had.

If you think it is a strain then I would go to the doctor. I know that when I strained mine I had ultra sound and electric stimulation twice a day for a week and it work wonders in the recovery process. Just a bit of info on my experience

goodluck and heal quickly

Peace
    DD

I hope that it is just fluids b/w the joints b/c there is no pain what so ever, it just cramps up after a work out until i bend over. And yes i keep my back as straight as possible.

Thread Information