mustang331 is offline Member

What should my heart rate be at?

I am curious I see 150 while on cardio but sometimes it will go to 180. How do I find my fat burning zone? Also heart monitors are cool but WTF I have to were this big strap around my chest?

yellows2k is offline Member
    220 minus age is MHR(max. heart rate)

MHR *.65 i believe is "the fat burning zone"

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Yup, 180 is very high, if you are trying to do some real cardio training and not fat burning then I guess that is fine. But if you are looking for fat loss that is very high and you are going to be in a catabolic state at that level, your body won't be able to convert fat to energy quick enough and will start stripping muscle down. Stay between 60-70% MHR like what yellow said. That is optimum for fat loss with out much muscle loss (depending on how conditioned of an athlete you are).

Pain

mustang331 is offline Member
    OH MY GOD!!!

So I am at 150 all the time I need to get to 128, would 128 burn more fat then 150? Also i think jogging I am at or over 150 all the time does this mean I would not be able to jog then?

You will find that most people here like to walk at a moderate pace at an incline. That keeps you in the 60-70% range. So yes jogging might have to go, but if you like the health benefits of jogging and the extra cardio benefits and can deal with maybe a little muscle loss (BTW if you are a really good conditioned athlete, your fat loss range will go up because your body will be able to better use the oxygen it gets) stick with it, it is all a personal preference thing.

Pain

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    My workout partner seems to be a freak of nature and doesnt apply because he runs 3 miles as hard as he can(he says he feels his chest thumping thru his sweats in 80 degree). Each time he runs he tries to beat his old time, i think around 16 minutes, and despite this he gets more lean, stronger, and defined every week. He gets asked like once a week if he is on AS because he is so big looking hes 5'9 205.

RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    i'm five seven 205 .............

but not ripped to shreds

Originally posted by AbsolutelyLethal
    My workout partner seems to be a freak of nature and doesnt apply because he runs 3 miles as hard as he can(he says he feels his chest thumping thru his sweats in 80 degree). Each time he runs he tries to beat his old time, i think around 16 minutes, and despite this he gets more lean, stronger, and defined every week. He gets asked like once a week if he is on AS because he is so big looking hes 5'9 205.
    Good genetics, my boy is like that too, he doesn't eat because he is too cheap, I am not kidding you he eats 1800cals a day from shitty foods, and he is 205lb at 6%BF benches 405. I hate him.

Pain

Thread Information