Thread: Marathon

Southern Cross is offline Associate Member

Marathon

Has anyone here trained for a marathon? There is this program that is starting tuesday at the gym to run a marathon in October and was wondering if any of you guys have given it a try?

wimp is offline Associate Member
    i ran a marathon awhile ago. make sure you get in some long runs like 20miles and keep hydrated during the race. i did it for fun and had a good time even though i was about to pass out at the finish line.

wimp, I understand you lose a lot of weight, both lean muscle and fat. What were your stats before and after training and running the marathon?

wimp is offline Associate Member
    if you train properly for it you will lose muscle form all the long running. before i was around 173 and after i wieghed 163. so i lost alot of wieght, manly muscle. i found it easy to put back on. i ran the marathon in mid november and now after bulking up i am 187. for diet you are going to have to eat alot of carbs and i also ate alot of protien to try and keep muscle. heres a good web site for more info www.runnersworld.com

the reason I am even considering running a marathon is a. I have always wanted to do it, b. to shed some fat so that I can get the six pack to come in. The thought of losing LBM is scary to me.

Thread Information