novice1 is offline Junior Member

electric gadgets on tv

just wondering if anybody thinks those new gadgets on tv that shock your abs and other body parts to build muscle really work. it looks like crap to me.

smallguy is offline New Member
    they might work but without a proper diet you'll never see your abs anyways. You have ot get rid of excess body fat if u want to see your abs

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    You will never get big without hard work.If it was that easy
    we all would have one and there would be no gyms around.

Titanium2 is offline Junior Member
    You should see Ronnie Coleman's electric bill! He's got the biggest electro-stim machines! ! ! ! Thank god he's got those windmills otherwise he wouldn't be able to afford all the electricity he needs....

If you thought it was the CELL-Tech that made him that big, you are wrong! It was the Abtronix!

Those electro stim machines are knock-offs of TENS units, used by PT's. The only thing they are good for is getting atrophied muscle to work again, and help uncramp certain muscles such as the low back with a spine injury.... They will not make you big, safe your cash!

10sne1 is offline New Member
    my dad is a sports doctor and i asked him about this and he said that they don't work. they just posses enough electicity to flex the muscle but not enough to really give it a good workout that would tear it up like in the gym. these gadgets were designed for bed ridden people who lie in bed all day. it was designed to keep their muscles stimulated but not to build more muscle.

georgie24 is offline Member
    all it did for me was give me a red rash on my stomach for 3 days

superbeast is offline Member
    They probably don't work for the reason 10sne1 said. Also, elecrical stim over a long period of time causes nerve endings to lose sensitivity. This loss of sensitivity can actually cause you to not get as good of a workout when you do real exercise. Then you are really screwed.

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    I dont think they are worth a damn, invest your money some where else.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Hook up the jumper cables and give your self a jolt!

I personnly never have tried them and I have my suspections about them as well. But if your not quite so sure and you want ot find out, hook up the ol'cables to the truck and give yourself a couple jolts a day for about a month and see what transpires! LOL
    IC

Cali is offline Female Member
    Originally posted by superbeast
    Also, elecrical stim over a long period of time causes nerve endings to lose sensitivity. This loss of sensitivity can actually cause you to not get as good of a workout when you do real exercise. Then you are really screwed.
    I just read Primo's post about everything good in her life needing batteries....for some reason this reminds me of that post... I need some sleep....

Hey Titanium!! Guess who....

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Batteries eh Calf? hmmmm,, how did I miss that post. Anwyays to answer your question with my 4 cents worf. I purchased a electronic stem, but for the only reason is the ultra sound effect of helping the muscles heal when they are injured.
    being an avid volleyball player, my shoulder hurts constantly, therefore, I purchased the electronic Stimulartor thingamagiggy, to provide my muscle with a massaging action. It works, but I do not use it for muscle growth. I see no need, or don't believe it works. However, if you have a injury, it will make the muscle feel a hell of a lot better.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Keep useing those technical terms

Originally posted by Sicilian30
    I purchased the electronic Stimulartor thingamagiggy
    Atta boy Sicilian,
    Keep those technical terms ah coming.

IC

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    ya like that Tobey eh? Man I got a gazzion more too..

Thread Information