Mental_Hernia is offline Junior Member

Fat to Thin = Extra Skin

In November of 2001 I went on a permenant diet. Basically I eliminated all fat from my diet, all fried food, high fat dairy/snacks, almost all sugar, chips/cookies/cakes and ate purely vegetables, fruits, grains and that nasty soy crap.. Not fun..

In April of 02' I started eating chicken and turkey again, along with some of the leaner fish. Ive been on this diet until now, and went from 220 to 170 lbs ( in a 4 - 5 month timeframe ) ( 5'11 )

Now, I know that getting rid of all that stuff probably was bad for my overall health , and I wasnt even thinking about weight lifting, I simply wanted to lose some weight..

Now as I work out, I work my abs to hell and back, yet my abs never show. Ive virtually eliminated the fat on my chest/stomach, but I have this extra skin that just wont go away. I cant burn it off as fat, and I really dont know what else I can do to get flat abs. Im only 16 and have no idea how much taller I will grow, so I cant just hope that it 'stretches' out.

Any advice would be great

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Just keep eating right and keep workingout, you're still growing so you could lose it.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I havent ran into those problems YET. but my plan is to slowly increase the lean muscle mass and drop the fat.

I have taken extra time to put on quality lean mass before i start the second leg of my all out fat loss.

Keep working hard, and maybe some of it will disapear.

AbsolutelyLethal is offline Associate Member
    It will go away eventually.....A friend of mine went from 5'9 270 to 155 at 14. He bulked up, a lot of muscle mass but no cutness, to 220 for football by senior year of high school. Now as a sophmore in college he is 200-205 but he first cut to like 185-190 then added the mass back. He has the hip abductors, the top 6 abs, some obliques, vascularity, all that he cant get rid of is the skin covering the bottem abs.

Biggunz72 is offline New Member
    Hey man i know how that is, you know you you've done a really good job, but still cant see your abs... happened to me. A good friend of mine went from 225 to 155, was vascular and everything, still couldn't see his abs. He was so frustrated that he asked his doctor about it, the doc told him that the skin would just go away with time, if it is skin and not in fact fat.

Mental_Hernia is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Biggunz72
    Hey man i know how that is, you know you you've done a really good job, but still cant see your abs... happened to me. A good friend of mine went from 225 to 155, was vascular and everything, still couldn't see his abs. He was so frustrated that he asked his doctor about it, the doc told him that the skin would just go away with time, if it is skin and not in fact fat.
    how exactly would I know whether its fat or not?

Isnt all ( or most ) of the fat on guys stomachs actually underneat their Ab wall?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Just be patient( I know, it's easier said than done) and give it some more time.

tatty is offline Member
    Originally posted by Mental_Hernia

how exactly would I know whether its fat or not?

Isnt all ( or most ) of the fat on guys stomachs actually underneat their Ab wall?
    I believe it's actually on top, but this is solely my opinion.

Thread Information