BowFlex-er is offline Junior Member

Question What do you think of this bench? do you think I would be getting ripped off?

Well today I went to Fitness Depot and I came across this Northern Lights Decline Olympic workout bench. the bench by it self with the two brackets to rest the bar on is $250.00, then the preacher curl add on would be $60.00, then the Leg extension would be $90.00, and the lat bar would be $200 and the Butterfly arms would be $200. So all together I would be looking at 750 and up. Do you think this is crazy for a bench with all the components? LEt me know what you guys think I myself think that is total Bullshit that's way too much for a bench. Here's a picture of it.

Message to Padawan if you look at this, I went to Wal-Mart and I tried to find that Impex 348 Bench, apparently that is a very old bench and they don't carry it anymore so that sucks. Let me know what you think of this one and tell me if they are asking way too much. Thanks man.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What do you think of this bench? do you think I would be getting ripped off?-nl-dowb.jpg  

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Hmmm a bench is a bench to me....i dont know how could it suck...and 750 for all this...shit id look for something cheaper

justme is offline Associate Member
    Depends where you live, but in Calgary I have seen a bench that has all you mentioned above for $99

not the best but for starting out your home gym it's great I have it.

tolinka: Yeah I thought the same thing to before. But I want something safe and some of those benches out there can't handle over 300lbs, (example that Weider Pro Bench, what I have on another thread.)

justme: But that bench what you found does it have the preacher curl,Lat tower,leg extension and butterfly arms?

tolinka is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm....good point, but most of he benches can handle 300 pounds...at least i think so

BowFlex-er , my bench can handle over 300 pounds and feel very sturdy.
    it has :
    - preacher curl
    - Lat tower
    - leg extension
    - butterfly arms

WICKED! what is the name of the bench I wanna see if I can pick it up here in Winnipeg.

You mean Winterpeg? sorry could not hold that back.
    I will post it later today to let you know.

lxorl is offline Associate Member
    IM not a big fan of the home bench with all the add ons..... personally i would get a nice olympic bench with incline capabilities.... Declines are a waste fo time.... you can pick up a chin up/dip station for around 100$

I just dont like the all in one work out systems... there usually poor quality and for the novice.... and for 750$ I think you can get better stuff.....

justme: Yep it's winterpeg alright I was quite suprised by how much snow we got this year. But hey winnipeg is better in the summer it's kick ass on sunday night cruising.

lxorl:But the preacher curl sounds like a nice add on and I need something for the legs cuz pretty soon there gonna look out of place with the rest of my body and the lat tower I would like. Yeah I think that $750 is a little too much I have to start making car payments soon.

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    $750 is way too much, i paid about $250 for my bench and its got leg extensions and preacher curls, everything i need, no need for lat station, do some pull ups, and y u need butterfly things, just lay down and do some dumbell flyes......

GOOOD POINT I never thought of that and I think the dumbell flyes would actually be better then butterfly's Hey thanks man, so that means the bench is $250 then the preacher curl add on is $60 and the leg extension/leg curl is $90 so that would be roughly around $400 plus taxes. but do you think that's still too much if I am only getting those two add-ons? Thanks man,take care.

hemidog66 is offline Associate Member
    junk it and join a gym

angelripper is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BowFlex-er
    tolinka: Yeah I thought the same thing to before. But I want something safe and some of those benches out there can't handle over 300lbs, (example that Weider Pro Bench, what I have on another thread.)

justme: But that bench what you found does it have the preacher curl,Lat tower,leg extension and butterfly arms?
    if bench is rated at 300 and you weigh 200 then the bench needs to support 500.

samwill226 is offline New Member
    Don't do that, my wife for my birthday got me a XR-5 I believe made by Gold's Gym at Walmart for like 100 bucks. It has the ability to do incline, flat, and decline bench. A Lat Tower, a Preacher curl pad and leg curl set up. I love it, I think it holds 600 lbs max. Good deal for what you get. I bought a used bar and weights at a used sports equip. store and I think I paid $15 for a York barbell and about 190 lbs in weights used for maybe 100 bucks. One thing I advise is to make sure you can switch the same type of weights with your, barbell, dumbbell, and curl bar.

Good Luck,

Sam

Evil Predator is offline Senior Member
    The best way to get good equipment cheap is to buy the steel, and cut/weld it on your own

Thread Information