Joey514 is offline New Member

Not Enough Recovery??

Gentlemen,

Long time reader, first time posting. Hope you'll all be able to provide imput!

I workout 6 days a week, incorporating a routine as follow:

- Chest
    - Arms
    - Back
    - Shoulders

I usually workout 2 hours a day, including 1/2 hour of cardio. I'm 5'10, 220 lbs. I use A Nitric Oxide and BCAA as a pre-worout, Glutamine during and protein and BCAA as a post workout. I'm also currently stacking Equipoise , Test300 and Winstrol -V and am at the peak of my cycle.

My question is as follow:

Considering my current cycle, would you beleive I should take at least an extra day of recovery to take full advantage of my cycle?

Hope you'll provide imput, gentlemen!

Regards,

J.

pebble is offline Associate Member
    I would say not enough legs.

When I do 6 days a "week" I use 8 day "weeks".

3 on
    1 off
    3 on
    1 off

A mistake a lot of people make is thinking that they need to fit their training in to a 7 day cycle.

But for a more appropriate answer your whole routine will need to be laid out. Inclusion of goals, nutrition and training history would be very useful.

Ps you may want to read my post about workout nutrition from over here: http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...00#post5561800

I like to do 6 days a week so I can 2 days of chest and 2 days of backs, and I usually take Mondays off. I don't do legs just because I used to play football and I already have huge thighs, honnestly, sometimes I even have problem finding pants that'll fit me nice jsut because thighs will be tight.

I want to lower my BF ratio, eat very weel, plenty of fruits, vegetables, fish, chicken in my nutrition and I've been hitting the gym for 7 years now, more seriously for the past 2 years.

Hope this can help!

Used to play football is not good reason to not workout some of the largest muscles in your body. And in no way do I mean for what I am about to say sound offensive. Most people hold a lot of fat in their legs, despite the legs looking or feeling pretty hard they are surrounded with fat that makes them look big - it is not all muscle. And your legs can never be TOO big.

With your goal of fat loss it’s going to be all about diet. Eat less kcal than your body requires and you will lose weight (fat and sadly a little muscle). You have said you do Cardio with your workouts so I would try and do it post workout at a pretty light intensity (no more than 130 bpm - HR).

To get more help with your workout you need to be a lot more specific.

Example
    Monday - Chest
    BP - 4 working sets of 5 reps
    Incline BP - 4 working sets of 8reps
    Cable Fly - 3 working sets of 12 reps

Get it?

But even without that info the setup of your workout is a little off. Having your arm day where it is compromising your back workout. With the set up you have if you are working at an appropriate intensity you should be having lots of problems with recovery.

vishus is offline Knowledgeable Member
    u shouldnt have problems with recovery if you have proper nutrition

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Good advice already given. Gotta train the legs Joey, are you going to stop training arms when you have trouble finding shirts that fit?

Quote Originally Posted by pebble View Post
    Used to play football is not good reason to not workout some of the largest muscles in your body. And in no way do I mean for what I am about to say sound offensive. Most people hold a lot of fat in their legs, despite the legs looking or feeling pretty hard they are surrounded with fat that makes them look big - it is not all muscle. And your legs can never be TOO big.

With your goal of fat loss it�s going to be all about diet. Eat less kcal than your body requires and you will lose weight (fat and sadly a little muscle). You have said you do Cardio with your workouts so I would try and do it post workout at a pretty light intensity (no more than 130 bpm - HR).

To get more help with your workout you need to be a lot more specific.

Example
    Monday - Chest
    BP - 4 working sets of 5 reps
    Incline BP - 4 working sets of 8reps
    Cable Fly - 3 working sets of 12 reps

Get it?

But even without that info the setup of your workout is a little off. Having your arm day where it is compromising your back workout. With the set up you have if you are working at an appropriate intensity you should be having lots of problems with recovery.
    I like the advice...

This is what I was thinking of trying out: Instead of doing pre-workout cardio, I'll do post-workout using incline treadmill at 4 mph

What would be your recommendation for my routine, should I start doing

- Chest
    - Back
    - Legs
    - Shoulders
    - Arms
    in that order?

As for consumption of cals, my problem is that I've lowered them considerably and am running out of ideas on how to improve this aspect... I eat preety routinely 2 eggs and 1 toast for breakie, greek veggie salad for lunch and usually light diners where I try to focus on chicken, fish or pork with a little carb like rice or pasta. I've been thinking of having heavier lunches and lighter diner but with my schedule it's hard to incorporate.

Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

J.

clayton2127 is offline Junior Member
    To each there own. Its more of a trial and error for your own body. I used to workout 6 days a week and it was great until i realized my body was constantly telling me to take more breaks. I recently started doing 3 days on one day off. Vs going like 5- 6 days in a row then a day off then back at it. For my body, the break every 4th day has been great. so again, each person is different. Just give it some time. And giving time means more than just trying it for a week and deciding it sucks.lol

Start tracking your kcal - fitday.com ? Get a better handle on that and everything else will start to fall into place.

As for your routine that is a much better order! Only problem you may run into is back before legs, may result in premature failure on squats and deadlifts due your back being a little tired. But I do back before legs and don’t have problems unless I do both heavy deadlifts and squats on the same day.

Thread Information