limelight is offline Junior Member

Looking for a good workout book or mag

Tried of doing the same workouts that my friends do, what do you guys recommend.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    HIT by Mike Mentzer Do a search on the web on Mike Mentzer you wont be let down.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Hardcore Bodybuilding - A Scientific Approach by Fred Hatfield. He discusses verying intensity and periodization in diet and training. But the best part is his explanation on maximizing hypertrophy by working the muscle groups in their entirety. If hypertrophy and bodybuilding is what you are interested in I would deffinitly recommend this book... IMO - it should be part of anyone's collection of good books. He is a good author and easy to follow - you need about an intermediate understanding of bodybuilding terms to really follow him well. And his theories are more for advanced bodybuilders... but good info for anyone to pick up on.

Charles Poliquin is another personal favorite... he has coached Oympic athletes as well as bodybuilders. He is more a strength coach than training for hypertrophy - but all his principles will relate to any goals. He recently put up a Web site.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    As far as mags go - really the only ones I will spend my money on anymore are Ironman and Muscular Development. Two quality mags IMO - MD being my personal favorite.

Many of the others, especially the Weider pubs, are all sales - the info sucks and when you aren't reading an ad, you are still reading an ad (lot's of hidden messages).

I made the mistake of buying a FLEX at the airport a few months ago - I wanted to see if it had changed... I bascially spent like 6-7 bucks to thumb through adds and hear reports on how Vitamin C is a good anti oxident for bodybuilders - waste of M-O-N-E-Y!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Anabolic Insider lol

limelight is offline Junior Member
    Thanks guys

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    Anabolic Insider lol
    I've recieved a couple of the free issiues and let me tell ya, they're great to keep around especially for when you run out of toilet paper!

chinups Guest
    Agree with Warrior on this one.

Last night I see this kid walking around with db's in his hands as if he was doing shrugs but walking I approached him and began to talk to him and he said he was doing a farmers type workout (like powerlifts). Does anyone know anything about this or know where I can gain knowledge so I can I mix it up like limelight said.

Thread Information