Bobbo is offline Junior Member

Upper Chest Workout

Hey there,

I do Incline, Flat, Decline DB presses, and Cable Cross-Overs. My chest is growing but the upper is not growing as much as the lower. What should I do/change to have upper grow? If I add more sets/reps to an exercise for upper, which would I add to? Is there another chest exercise I'm missing?

Thanx,

Bobbo

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Ummmm.....

Stop doing decline and start your routine with the incline... Maybe incline flyes too....

Peace

Hey,

I do start with Incline. Are you saying to cut out Decline all together?

I will add Incline flyes.

Thanx,

Bobbo

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I wouldn't stop doing decline all together, maybe just everother week. But yes add some fly's in there.

Thanx Big Texan,

Bobbo

Gear is offline HGH/IGF/Insulin Forum ~ AR-Hall of Famer
    i see that a lot of people have issues building the upper part of their chest while they really dont complain about their lower half. I think maybe ur upper chest is harder 2 build then lower? I also think that naturally ur lower part of ur chest is bigger, so the upper is always behind. To build upper part of chest just add some more incline exercises id say. Thats wat i wood do anyways

Peace out...
    -Gear

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    What are the poundages you are using. Are they to heavy where your shoulders and triceps are doing more work then your upper chest. It is a common mistake by many to try to push the heavy weights to bring there upperchest up. When you should be able to concentrate on using proper form and getting a peak contraction.

Another tip that has worked in the past is have someone press down on your upper pec both when incline benching and incline flying. This way you will be able to flex him out and concentrate on the upper chest solely.

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    decline press if done alot will tend to pull chest down and so if you feel your lower chest is low enough and big i would do decline anymore because you will be able to hit your lower chest through flat flyes and flat bench and that will be enough to maintain !

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Start the routine with heavier weight for incline press, about 4-6 reps.....You might wanna try incline dumbell press as well, I cant do barbell press anymore, damn the shoulder...But I think dumbells work nicely.

JUs2Buf45 is offline New Member
    incline first is key ... drf heavy i would warm up 15 reps then go HEAVY 6-8 3/4 sets last lighter to failure..
    I went with alil wider grip and touchin my collar bone ..do this with your first chest excersice...inclinedumbells will get your flatbench wieght up like crazy ..

cb25 is offline Banned
    Incline DB is definitely a staple in my workouts. I'd start there, and every once in a while, superset it with incline flys.

You can also add an incline machine, like hammer strength, towards the end of your workout.

Thread Information