tapout417 is offline Junior Member

I would like some help with a hard core mass program. examples anyone?

I've been training for a lil over ten years now. New to the forum. Im 29 6'0 tall 190lbs 12% bf.
    About to start my 5th cycle. I have always got pretty good gains and mass but just not what I'm looking for. With my work ethics I belive I have much more potential. Problem is I don't have a traing partner so I'm probly not pushing the poundage I should be or getting those extra reps I strive for. And like we all know its easy to fall into a repetitive routine. So without going into to much detail. Im hitting
    M- CHEST
    T- BACK- TRAPS
    W-LEGS- CALFS
    TH- SHOULDERS- TRAPS
    F-ARMS
    If anyone has examples or an point in a direction for mass routines it would be appreciated

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    Mass routines consist of more compound movements. You don't need to break them down in a typical bodybuilder routine. Look into either the Juggernaut method, Wendler's 5/3/1, or the classic 5x5 routine. All of these, if done, properly, will put some serious poundages on your frame. I've used these routines on a variety of athletes (high school, college, and pro football players), with tremendous results.

Looking into them now thanks

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Definitley give the 5X5's a try on all your big lifts/ Bench, squat, deads, weighted pull ups, Stay away from sculpting excersises like doing 3 different types of curls IMO isnt what you need to gain mass. Mass is also very diet dependent. 5 cycles in at 190 to me says youre not keeping your gains
    Last edited by scotty51312; 04-18-2011 at 07:32 PM.

Ok scotty I see you posted in 2 of my threads both saying something about my diet. I eat and eat and eat to just maintain 190. But im going to take your advice and head to the diet section. Also im incorporating the 5x5 into my routine

t-gunz is offline MONITOR~ ~ RIP ~ Gone never Forgotten
    5 x5 is the shizzle on it now. 4 days a week whilst cutting. and gaining strength

gthom47 is offline Associate Member
    personally ive been using the 5/3/1 program and i love it. ive noticed a big increase in strength after just the first 4 week cycle of it.

Thread Information