Thread: Quads

fookingrad is offline New Member

Quads

I am a relatively thin guy 170lb 5'9" I want to extend the width of my quad peticularly low down near the knee on the outside. Anybody got any suggestions? Its as if my outside quad does not come down all the way.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Are you going to parallel on squats? Also if you don't have knee problems, lighten the weight a bit and break parallel. This has worked for me. I know if you don't at least hit parallele on squats your upper quad will grow while the lower part will not grow.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i would throw in some hack squats/jump squats into your routine if you already havn't...both of those exercises have really helped me build strength while maintaining good definition in my legs.

nd2bhge is offline New Member
    u have what is called a high insertion on your vastus lateralus it is your genetics. this is not a bad thing it can make your quads appear extreamly ripped. u shold try and improve tha medialus (teardrop)part of your quad to add thickness around the knee. this can be done by squeezing the shit out of your quads at the last 15-20 degrees of all your leg movements. esp.leg ext

fookingrad is offline New Member
    It sounds like the consensus is that i need to extremely, however safley, exploit the depth of squats and legs ext and such. but most of the leg extension machines i have access to stop at very low degrees of rotation. are there any lifts that could substitute or compliment to provide full rotation?

By the way thanks to everyone that answered. Easpecialy to nd2bhge for the indepth reply.

Thread Information