candog22 is offline Junior Member

tendonitis remedy?

For a few weeks (months) I've had some serious tendonitis in my right elbow (tennis elbow?).... Ive started taking advil pre and post workout and it seems to help some - but is there anyway that I can get rid of this? So far all I have heard is rest, but that would mean taking a couple of weeks off - which would mean skipping bis, chest and back casue it flares up for all these body part exercizes.... any suggestions? Just suffer thru it?

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    Glucosamine/Chondroitin at 2-4 x the recommended dosage for a couple of weeks will help. Also be careful not to "jerk" on your back/bi exercises.

D

chinups Guest
    I have Tendonitis in shoulder and it was pretty bad. I take a supp called flax a min, it has Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM. I take this in the morning (3 pills once a day). I also take Glucosamine at lunch and dinner at 1500 mg. I followed this for the last 2 months and I am at full throttle with eery aspect of my workouts. Also you can't drink enough water so up your water double of what you drink now.

STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    After every workout ice it down and before workout apply heat. Instead of advil use Bayer Arthritis, it'll work wonders and yes get on the Glucosomine/Chondroiton.

Is Glucosomine/Chondroiton a supplement? Drug? Over the counter? Perscription?

dam225 is offline Associate Member
    It is a supplement that you can buy at any GNC or online supplement store.....

Give www.dpsnutrition.com a try.......optimum nutrition makes a good product.

D

BASK8KACE is offline Anabolic Member

Re: tendonitis remedy?

Originally posted by candog22
    For a few weeks (months) I've had some serious tendonitis in my right elbow (tennis elbow?).... Ive started taking advil pre and post workout and it seems to help some - but is there anyway that I can get rid of this? So far all I have heard is rest, but that would mean taking a couple of weeks off - which would mean skipping bis, chest and back casue it flares up for all these body part exercizes.... any suggestions? Just suffer thru it?
    The answer is not about taking a supplement or putting something in your system if your goal is to get rid of the tendonitis.

You have 4 choices:

1. Keep working out and ignore it--push through the pain (STUPID CHOICE)

2. Take some magic pills or steroids that will mask the pain. Continue to workout (MIGHT SEEM GOOD FOR THE SHORT TERM BUT YOU WILL DO MORE DAMAGE)

3. Stop doing lifts that use your elbows and focus on lower body (do those calves or hamstrings need work??). Let your elbow rest. Read about exercises used to heal tendonitis. Do those exercises with LIGHT weight (Physical therapy exercises to heal tendonitis are NOT supposed to be done with heavy weight). (THIS IS THE SECOND BEST CHOICE)

4. Do choice #3 with the supervision of a physical therapist. (BEST CHOICE).

It's better to rest, let yourself heal than to keep pushing and to end up hurting yourself irreparably.

Best of luck recovering.
    Last edited by BASK8KACE; 03-06-2003 at 10:21 PM.

Thanks all....

BigJB is offline Junior Member
    I used to get that all the time when i wrestled in my shoulder blade. its so anoying but best way to heal it is
    1-rest
    2-ice
    3-if u got a steam heat pack hit that up
    4-anti-inflamitories (motrin, Ib profin) take abot 600mg x3 a day for 2 weeks then a week off

sorry about the spelling

Thread Information