HBK
    HBK is offline Banned

Angry I Hate This!!!!!

A lot of times when i am working out at the gym and people stand around and have conversations.Today at the gym i was doing some heavy bench sets and 3 guys were standing next to me having a conversation.I felt like beating the shit out of them and telling them the gym is not a place to stand around and talk.anyone else have this problem?

yellows2k is offline Member
    Welcome to the club

RealMenBench is offline Junior Member
    I cannot express in words the unadulturated pissed offedness I have for those type of people ....

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Had a guy on the phone next to me when I was trying to do straight bar curls. Felt like hitting him with the bar!

HBK
    HBK is offline Banned
    it's just a complete distraction,and i really felt like beating the shit out of them.

RebelMan is offline Junior Member
    I was working out with some heavy weight the other day and I had a group of ppl on the right of me and on the left and they kept yelling back and forth to each other while i was in the middle of lifting. Couldn't hardly finish working out it was so distracting

Slypknot is offline Member
    Easy now killer - unless of course that's ALL these guys were doing. I usually try and workout with some other friends and while resting we'll just shoot the shit. We don't hog machines, keep rotating through sets and are happy to let others work in with us.

Nothin wrong with socializing at the gym - as long as you're pouring sweat, pumped to the limit and keep moving....

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member
    If people yapping is pissing you off put on some headphones and crank up the tunes. I do this when I'm doing cardio, that's when I don't want to hear yuppie women yapping about their poodles and music helps me stay in da zone.

Southern Cross is offline Associate Member

Re: I Hate This!!!!!

Originally posted by HBK
    A lot of times when i am working out at the gym and people stand around and have conversations.Today at the gym i was doing some heavy bench sets and 3 guys were standing next to me having a conversation.I felt like beating the shit out of them and telling them the gym is not a place to stand around and talk.anyone else have this problem?
    I try to find things to motivate me. If it is not a hot skirt walking around, it is a vein popping out of my right bicep, if it's not that, then it is some lawyer on the phone trying to get the license plate of the ambulance that passed him on the way to the gym. Then end result is the same MOTIVATION. I love it.

Thats why I ALWAYS have my MP3 walkman firmly glued on my ears at top volume when working out.

1 - Don't have to hear the people who never shut up
    2 - Don't have to hear the damm "Top 20" music they play on the PA
    3 - Nothing like a bit of Rage Against the machine to get that little extra pump when lifting heavy

Red

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    Amen to the Rio S35S MP3 player

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    That's when you grab the curl bar and proceed to wrap it around their scrawny little necks. After this is accomplished you walk them over to the coat rack and hang their yapping ass up on the wall as a warning to all other yapping fools.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    MP3 player has saved a few lives at my gym...don't get me wrong it's not that from time to time I don't talk, but you know what, when I'm squatting don't bring up the playoffs, your wife or politics! If you want to say something say something like "Pump that F*n Weight!" "Kill it!" something that has to do with the torture that i'm putting my body under! Also, when I goto the gym and they're playing the F*N Bee Gee's or some shit I hate that! Nothing worse than squating heavy and have Billy F*N Joel and the Piano man playing! They guy that owns the gym is a f*n B-O-N-E-R! "Gosh this music is too heavy....Krytonite by 3 doors down!....He needs to be TAPPED OUT!

Biggunz72 is offline New Member
    You should see my high school weightroom. The coaches are lax so they let anybody come in, chat, do whatever, while we have the area of about 75% of an average classroom... Impossible to do power cleans before telling a few people to move out of the way, not so politely though.

chevy44 is offline Member
    to biggunz, u should start taking leadership and throwing the fuckers outof the way in ur weight room (thats what i do ), but i hate when im benching and some guy is just standing half a centimeter away from the bar, so when u go up u hit his ass!!!!!!!!! that pisses me OFF!!!!!!!!

HBK
    HBK is offline Banned
    exactly...some people are so ignorant.those kind of people need the shit beat out of them.

Biggunz72 is offline New Member
    Tru dat bout the leadership. Hey I feel you on the bench bro, or squats too, when you hit someone in the head as you're walking back for squats with 405 on your shoulders.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Thats what drove me out of the gym and to my garage

fLgAtOr is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Red Ketchup
    Thats why I ALWAYS have my MP3 walkman firmly glued on my ears at top volume when working out.

1 - Don't have to hear the people who never shut up
    2 - Don't have to hear the damm "Top 20" music they play on the PA
    3 - Nothing like a bit of Rage Against the machine to get that little extra pump when lifting heavy

Red
    Truuuuuuu.
    Rage is the shit in the gym.

I don't care about people talking. But, I get super pissed when they get in my way BECAUSE they are too busy talking and not lifting. Whats the point of going? If I wanted to shoot the shit, I'd do it over a bowl of greens and in my room.

Question?
    Do you guys step back from the DB when doing curls, etc? I always allow enough room so that someone can grab a DB if they need too.

sherpa27 is offline Junior Member
    YeS definetly, i hate that is why now i wear headphones, also your right Red Ketchup, Rage against the machine is the shit when lifting or period.

Thread Information