uniquemr2 is offline New Member

Cholestrol Increase after bulking?

Hey i'm 16 and i recently got a blood test done and the doctors say my bad cholestrol levels are slightly higher than normal. I just went on a bulking cycle and went from 165 to 195lbs in 8 months. I've put on a decent amount of muscle but i also put on alot of fat. The doctor says i should drop some weight. I'm planning to cut in a few weeks. I was wondering after i drop some bodyfat and go down to 9-10% will my cholestrol levels drop? My moms side has a history of high cholestrol. what can i do? i feel so discouraged because i try so hard to eat every 2-3 hours healthy and workout but i got high cholestrol after i started upping my calories when bulking. I know i bulked wrong cause i over ate too much but next year i'll do it properly and track every single thing i put in my mouth. I do eat alot of flax seed oil and try to stay away from saturates. I've also limited cardio to only 15mins a week and lifting 3times a week.

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    eat more fibre, it lowers cholesterol

I do eat fiber i try to get in 7-10grams each meal i eat. I also eat alot of EFAs from flax seed and peanut butter. I try to avoid saturates but i dont know why i still have high cholestrol maybe its because of all the meat i eat. I usually only eat skinless chicken and lean beef and sirloin steak, tuna.

orto is offline Junior Member
    What did you eat previous day of blood testing? You'r to young to have problems with high cholesterol. How's your good cholesterol and triglycerids?

yellows2k is offline Member
    What was your diet, just cuz its a bulk doesn't mean you eat anything you want. You eat the same things as in a cutting meal except you eat more of it. Still no fast food, no fruits, no soda, etc, at least for me..

Why shouldnt i eat fruit when i bulk or cut?
    My good cholestrol is also higher than normal. I'm not sure about the triglycerides.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Fruits are high GI for the most part.

shawnrayy is offline New Member
    it is because of steroid u used

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well, you said it in your first post. "Your mom's side of the family has a history of high cholesterol. So does mine, and if I'm not carefull what I eat my levels start rising. Like yellow said, stick with a clean diet, increase your fiber and start doing some cardio. With fruit in your diet, that all depends on how your body responds, me for instance, I can eat it when bulking, just not when I'm dieting down. But yes, it could have been a result of what you ate the day before the test, or ealier that day, are you under any kind of stress? There's a few different variables that influence your cholesterol levels.

I've never cycled before still learning. Yes i am currently under some stress my father has been in the hospital for almost 2 years recovering from a stroke he has left side paralysis.. WHat type of foods would raise cholestrol levels before my test?

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    Fruits contain ZERO cholesterol. It shouldn't be an issue for you.

Thread Information