Thread: 100 reps

djmikecollins is offline New Member

100 reps

So, I typically do alot of powerlifting workouts and such and wanted to task myself with something completly different so i ran the following workouts. I am not doing this normally or anything, It felt awesome and really difficult, had to prove to myself that my endurance was not down with all the lower reps higher weight lately.

100 of bench 225.lbs.
    100 of standing military press 185lbs

Today did 100 squats 225 lbs
    Nothing followed after squat i tried some light deadlifts with the intent of hitting the 100 but there was no way lol. Went ahead just did a normal workout for back after that.

Just want to get some feedback, see if anyone else has attempt something like this. I would not make a habit of doing this often as its probally pretty catabolic but it felt good afterwards.
    Last edited by djmikecollins; 05-14-2011 at 02:07 PM.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    100 straight ???? or did you break it up ??

LatissimusaurousRex is offline Senior Member
    I've done high reps like that before, not with that kinda weight though, that's pretty impressive. I don't do it regularly, I just read about it before and tried it. I would imagine it trains strictly muscle endurance, but probably stimulates what slow twitch muscle fibers you have in those muscle groups in a way they usually aren't. Also, it is catabolic, but so is your entire workout. Catabolism is simply the process of your body breaking down fat/carbs/protein for energy, hence why you can't build muscle in that state.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    don't think it was 100 straight. louie simmons recently did 225 for 49 reps straight on bench to show up some of the NFL combine kids workouts. There are some cops who come into the gym where i work out and do those 100 rep workouts. They do however many reps they can with a certain weight then rest for that many seconds, so if they can hit say 30 reps with 185 and fail they rest 30 seconds and go again so your rest periods get shorter and shorter the more wore out you get

cyounger100 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    no way you did these numbers 100 straight did you ??

I was unable to do them straight i took a couple a quick breaks, I broke it up into about 5 totals sets the first one being a set of 50, the rest being way less like 20, 10, 5 and 5 again. I had a buddy to keep me motivated to hit rounded numbers when i was hitting muscle fatigue. I would breaks for maybe enough time to mentally recollect and maybe sip some water. I felt good the next day,

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    mannn i gotta see this to believe it... You on youtube or anything?

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    ^^ yeah me too. The top guy at the NFL combine only benched 225 49 reps this year. Not saying 50 is impossible but you must be in the upper echelon of powerlifters/strengh athletes if you accomplished that

KeyMastur is offline VET
    yeah i might be calling BS......

I need to check these forums more often, I will have to make a youtube video I suppose. LoL.

I honestly dont think i am all that strong IMO, my max bench is 405. I see people lift more than me, It makes me feel good to hear people say my 100 rep set is impressive.
    Last edited by djmikecollins; 08-02-2011 at 11:51 AM.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    What are your stats?

Are you suggesting that you can do 50 reps at 225lbs on the Bench Press (properly) ?
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    endurance training is way cool.. conditioning the cns to take that much punishment is an adventure..

I do 300 reps 300 lbs leg press...

I'll start the upper body lifts, same type of training..
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by spywizard View Post
    endurance training is way cool.. conditioning the cns to take that much punishment is an adventure..

I do 300 reps 300 lbs leg press...

I'll start the upper body lifts, same type of training..
    I have done a 100 reps set on the leg press but thats about all

cant remember the weight

Killer!
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

brad1986 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by djmikecollins View Post
    So, I typically do alot of powerlifting workouts and such and wanted to task myself with something completly different so i ran the following workouts. I am not doing this normally or anything, It felt awesome and really difficult, had to prove to myself that my endurance was not down with all the lower reps higher weight lately.

100 of bench 225.lbs.
    100 of standing military press 185lbs

Today did 100 squats 225 lbs
    Nothing followed after squat i tried some light deadlifts with the intent of hitting the 100 but there was no way lol. Went ahead just did a normal workout for back after that.

Just want to get some feedback, see if anyone else has attempt something like this. I would not make a habit of doing this often as its probally pretty catabolic but it felt good afterwards.
    Time your self doing that and each time you do it try to beat your time.

Parketfum is offline New Member

паркетная дос

Thread Information