aznknites is offline New Member

Lack of Sleep and Lifting

Lately I find myself getting less and less sleep. I work out about 5 days a week I'm getting about 3 hours of sleep on a daily basis, but I don't feel weak during the day. Is this going to adversely affect my lifting?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    In the big picture the answer is yes.

you grow when your resting, not when your working out, so try to examine whats effecting your sleep and try to fit in a nap any time you can during the day.

What are you currently on? what do you eat before you sleep

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i dont think you'll have enough gas in the tank to keep this up
    most likely its gonna lead to overtraining your gains are gonna to suffer
    if you try to take it as much food as you can to try and combat fatique
    it wont help, food cant replace rest
    if you aint getting enough rest your gains will hinder

Slypknot is offline Member
    I too suffered from the same problem... what I found is that without noticing I'd actually begin winding down around 11:30-12am, putting me to sleep around 1am and waking up at 5:30am...bad news!

I've kinda had to change things around a bit and commit to NOT going out during the week (with the exception of special events). This way I can eat dinner and start winding down around 8pm putting me to bed around 10pm... it sucks during the week but it's about the only way I was able to get the sleep my body needed for optimum growth.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    I agree, your gains will suffer, your workout will suffer, you'll really notice the difference when you start getting enough sleep. I found that if I don't get 6-8 hrs a night, I don't have the strength I normally have, nor the focus I need to get it done.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yes in the long run it will affect you, right now I'm in the same boat....my newborn is keping me up to all hours of the night, so I'm running on a 1/4 of a tank right now. My workouts are still going good, but don't have the energy to go all out. If this is a temporary stage for you as it is for me....just ease up on the workouts a bit. Maybe drop e couple of sets or an exercise. Just listen to your body. Hell I've never gotten 8 hours of sleep in my life....I average 5-6 hours a night with a 10 minute nap before workouts and a 30 minute nap afterwards. Try doing that for awhile too. Good luck and try and fix your sleeping problem.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Your body does most of its growing during sleep. GH is released then. It will come back to haunt you.

Pain

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    if i get less than 5 hours i feel very weak, and i cant do as much as i normally do in the gym, the energy just isnt there. try to get 7 or 8 hours

superjew is offline Associate Member
    Damn, you sleep three hours a night and have the energy to workout?! Some people can function very well on a sleep schedule like that, I personally know a couple people. Though they don't work out at all. I would agree that your gains would have to be minimized with that amount of sleep. Get some rest bro.!

Thread Information