hiyawahta is offline New Member

maximal fat loss

I was wondering how much calories I need to burn each time I do cardio in order to lose as much fat as possible.

My goal was to lose one to two pounds of fat per week, and a total of about 10 to 15 pounds of fat.

I am planning on dieting as well.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    a pound of fat equals 3500 cals if i remember correctly.

If you want to get the best results that have been working for me.

lift weights 3-5 times a week depending on your split and do 30 mins at 60-80% cardio 5 times a week. i do it week days.

Always lift before you cardio. make sure your hitting the water bigtime, and without a diet there is no workout on the planet that will totally work for ya.

get a clean diet, stick to it and add the workouts and i bet you will be a smaller version of yourself within 3 months.

Its important to gain lean mass to burn fat while your sitting around.

I know i over simplify sometimes but you will get my meaning.

Get a good ECA stack. i use (yellow subs) about 17 bucks a bottle. Run that three times a day and you will get the results.

Make sure you are healthy before you start. a doctor visit wouldnt be a bad thing.

hope something helps

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Actually I have heard that a pound of fat is from 3500 - 4147 cals. One pound is 16oz a oz has 28.8g so that is 461g in a pound. Since a gram of fat has 9 cals that is 4147cals. But I have also heard that fat stores only really have between 7-8cals per gram, something to do with the keto process. Then I have heard also that since 10% of fat can get broken down to glucous that leaves only 3733cals per pound. If anyone has any definite research on to what it is please let me know. But I average it and say it is 3700cals per pound.

And budda is correct with the water, if you are dehydrated burning fat is very hard as fat stores don't move into the part of the cell that burns them. Stay very hydrated for fat loss.

Pain

goldenFloyd is offline Member
    my nutrition class says one pound of fat is 2800 cals and that you need to cut 400 cals a day to lose a pound of a week. i don't know if this is right though, but sounds in the ball park so i thought i would drop that in.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    2800 that seems really low, maybe if you have about 30% water in your fat. I think the norm is 5-30% water in fat.

Pain

Thread Information