Alfred is offline Junior Member

Bench Press Tips...

i wanna get my max up 10lbs in 2 weeks...do u guys have any new exersizes i should try to get a bit of muscle shock goin on ? or any muscle groups i should target and really push myself with?? Thanks.

Also... my back is furthest behind all my other parts so ive started to work my lats hard but i dont know if that will help that much? in that area from my chest > few inches above.... (find that the hardest to push)
    Last edited by Alfred; 03-21-2003 at 06:53 PM.

psupower is offline New Member
    Weighted dips will help your bench along with good form flyes to widen your chest.

good idea, ive been doing alot of dips latley and they are pretty easy for me, but il try adding weight and lowering reps...

justme is offline Associate Member
    if your having trouble with your chest, do a set of flys till point of failure before doing your routine on the bench. you will probaly end up lowering your weight for the rest of your bench exercise but you will find you chest getting stronger each time and developing more.

jammergsxr is offline Member
    Quit doing bench press for 1 week,Do 150 push-ups in perfect form Evvery day,best way is 3 sets of 50....your bench press will go up.

il try both thx.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    If you have a partner you can do HEAVY negative reps on bench/incline bench, i find that allows me to make good gains on chest, i do negatives at 80-90% of my 1 rep max weight.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Well as a former powerlifter(bench was my best lift) Ill lend you some ideas. Bust your triceps bro. I dont mean pushdowns and kickbacks, I mean closegrip bench press, closegrip incline press, heavy weighted dips.
    Widen your grip on your regular bench press, pull your shoulder blades together when lying on the bench underneath the weight, push with your legs(dont bring your ass off of the bench) and push the weight fast.
    Also, hit your damn lats bro. You have to train your back in the same plain as your working on, which means ROWS. Hit some heavy rows, of any kind. 10 pounds in two weeks isnt very likely but if your new to lifting or lifting in this manner it may happen.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by solidj55
    Well as a former powerlifter(bench was my best lift) Ill lend you some ideas. Bust your triceps bro. I dont mean pushdowns and kickbacks, I mean closegrip bench press, closegrip incline press, heavy weighted dips.
    Widen your grip on your regular bench press, pull your shoulder blades together when lying on the bench underneath the weight, push with your legs(dont bring your ass off of the bench) and push the weight fast.
    Also, hit your damn lats bro. You have to train your back in the same plain as your working on, which means ROWS. Hit some heavy rows, of any kind. 10 pounds in two weeks isnt very likely but if your new to lifting or lifting in this manner it may happen.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Just to let you guys know i was able to bench the weight i had in mind twice after 3 weeks (i gave myself an extra week cause i got stuck with a bad shift for 1 week and it was hard to get in a good workout)

Thread Information