Brian1200 is offline Junior Member

Anyone still lifting who has had back surgery

I had a Lumbar Laminectomy done Feb of this yr, my L-5 S-1 disk was ruptured and herniated in two places, very painfull. Has anyone ever had a back surgery who is still doing squats? What can I expect from this surgery, my back is slowly getting better, but I still feel the pain in my lower back. The worst part is the psychological part, knowing how strong and fit I was before my injury, I was squating 500 pounds and benching 425 at my max. Now I am lucky if I can pick up 45 lbs without keeling over in pain. I have some Test Cyp and Deca , I was thinking about taking some in a couple of months when my back feels better to help kind of give me a jump start with the training, would this help to heal my back faster? Any advice tips or stories would be very well appreciated, thanks!

orto is offline Junior Member
    One friend of mine has had 3 operations at the same level. (He had reherniations.) He lost about 2 years of training but now he's still playing handball for his club and also for national team. At first I couldn't belive that he's training again but now is about 5 years after his surgery and he plays really good.
    I wish you that you will rehabilitate as well as he.

solidj55 is offline Member
    No matter what you do just take it slow and I would not advise taking the deca and cyp for a while.

Your probably righr Solid 55, I don't want to re injure it again, thanks for the info and the stories boys, anyone else have any info or stories to share.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    A buddy of mine had his worked on last year, I don't know if he's squatting but he's back in the gym though.....best of luck to ya and I hope your recovery is a speedy one.

thanks

Thread Information