Day 1
    Dumbell Incline Press(30 degree incline) or Dumbell Bench Press- 3x5
    Hammer Strength Military Press-3x10
    Closegrip Bench Press or Closegrip Incline-3x8
    Weighted Dips-3x12
    Decline Situps- 3x20+
    ***30 min incline walking on treadmill @ 4mph & 5% incline

Day 2
    Pullups- 3x8(alternating wide, supinate, and chin ups every week)
    Rows- 3x6(Different row every week)
    Straight Bar Curls-3x10
    Reverse Curls-3x10
    Hyperextensions- 3x12

Day 3
    Leg Press- 3x5
    Leg Curl- 3x8
    Seated Calves- 3x15

Thats pretty much it.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Where are the squats?

xxxl83

solidj55 is offline Member
    I no longer squat or deadlift. And its not pussy shit either lol. I am a former powerlifter so I am no stranger to squats and deads. About a year ago I had a back injury while squatting, I was preparing for a state meet. I had a slight tear of the upper right glute, buldging disk, and pinched sciatic(sp?) nerve. Now adays I stick to the leg presses, I already have good size in my legs due to powerlifting but I now feel that the risks of squatting outweigh the benifits. I will never experience that kind of pain again due to something I can control. Yea I know everyone will say this and that but I will not squat ever again, or deadlift. I have no intrest in being a powerlifter anymore nor do I want to be a bodybuilder, I am looking for a simple workout that allows me to stay lean, somewhat strong, and feeling good.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Bro you got a great workout your arms are going to get good size from that workout .I like to see it when guys work the back with arms less chance of overtraining the arms .It looks good .You got alot of good in that program pull ups ,dips rows yes yes yes .Good luck brother keep us posted
    Ps bummer about the squats and deads but leg press and leg ex are good to .

Thanks Cdog. I wish I could do squats and deads again(well I can but..)
    but the fact that I am a year older, have a good job, supporting myself, etc. I cant afford another 6 weeks of laying flat on my back. But I feel that I am in the end going to grow a lot from this.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    HEy solidj55, fortunatly I haven't hurt myself yet *looking for some wood to knock on*, but I wouldn't chance it, especially since yo uhurt yourself once already. I know people can tell ya to go light, but once yopu do that it isn't long until you start tacking on the weights.... Just do what you gotta do to stay healthy bro.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    HEy solidj55, fortunatly I haven't hurt myself yet *looking for some wood to knock on*, but I wouldn't chance it, especially since yo uhurt yourself once already. I know people can tell ya to go light, but once yopu do that it isn't long until you start tacking on the weights.... Just do what you gotta do to stay healthy bro.
    Your exactly right dude. See the thing is I swore off of squatting once before due to a few "little" back problems. I decided I was going to do bench press only meets instead of full bench, squat, dead meets. Well I got the urge to squat again, only going light of course. Well the next thing I know I am up to 405 for sets of eight and preparing for a bench, squat and dead meet lol, then I got hurt again. This time I am seriously done with it. I know everyone says squat is the best lower body exercise out there AND I AGREE BUT in my opinion it is not the best LEG EXERCISE out there. My legs are bigger now from doing leg presses than they were when doing squats. The only difference I can tell is that my ass is smaller and my lower back, obliques, and abs arent as thick.

Thread Information