Thread: Workouts

Hefner is offline New Member

Workouts

A friend told me to post in this forum asking you guys what you think, since most of you are pros.

I'm a 22 yr old male, about 6'1"/6'2" pretty thin (always have been). I weigh about 130 lbs - 135 lbs, I have no idea about my bodyfat though, but I'm sure it can't be a lot cause im pretty damn thin. My doctor told me I'm still growing, which explains the eating a giant meal and losing weight. I mostly eat junk food or leftovers, I am not a fan of fastfood though. These eating habits are bad, I know, but when your job consists of sitting in front of a computer 16 hours a day, you get a bit lazy. I have been playing hockey again for the past 3 weeks every day, so I am getting a bit of a workout than what I usually get.

I don't have set out questions, it's more or less the fact that I need advice since im a newbie at all of this working out stuff. I want cut abs mostly, although the whole lean and muscular (but not super muscular) package is always a plus as well, and I'd like to know if it's necessary to go all out on ab workouts, and fundamentally how many grams of protien / carbs should I intake per day based on my stats? Also, lastly, is there a site I can get workouts, reps, etc exactly to my body size so that I don't over do it, but also so that I can get into the full swing of things?

Thanks for the help.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well first off, with your height and weight....I'd say just eat, and then eat more..., all kidding aside on average a person wants 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of lean body weight. Carbs are 2-2.5 grams per pound of lean body weight. And fat would make up the rest. With you being pretty new to the whole fitness aspect, I'd just use the search button on here and look around and get an idea of the different diets and workout plans that are posted. Then when you think you found one that might work, start asking questions about us helping you customizing it for your needs. Good luck and stay focused.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I would say, since I sit infront of a computer all F'n Day too, do what I do...Prepare! I eat 6 to 8 egg whites in an omellette for breakfast, then a protein shake (Hi pro low carb), lunch I'll eat either chicken or steak (left overs) or a 12 oz can of tuna with veggies and a protein bar. I snack on soybeans through out the day ( Hi protein) have a shake and a bar a couple hours later then at dinner I eat chicken/steak etc. Since you want to gain try to eat a baked potato or something also at lunch and maybe a higher Carbed shake. Since with my schedule I work out a lunch I tend to eat alot in the after noon. Just stay away from the vending machine!!!!!!!!! Try another shake after dinner around 8ish and something high in protein before bed, low carbs. The protein will help what you broke down and you don't want the carbs other wise your 6 pack will turn into an AB singular. Stay away from soda drink water and eat your vitamins and say your prayers...
    Playing hockey is gonna burn plenty, so you won't gain that much with all that cardio. You're gonna have to throw in some weights, and deffinately throw in potato's and snack on natural peanut butter. Also, in the morn's oatmeal is good, also Rye is a slow burning carb. So have a rye peanut butter bagle. Being NYC there's one every other block.
    Basically EAT EAT EAT EAT! and LIFT!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information