Thread: Can't sleep

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member

Can't sleep

Hey everyone,
    Lately I haven't been able to sleep. I go to bed around 9 -10 so I give myself 8-9 hrs of sleep because I wake up at 6 am. First of all I can't seem to fall alseep for 1hr at least, then after a while bed gets super uncomfortable so I stay up another hour. After that I find myself waking up in the middle of the night all the time . Its really annoying and I never seem to be able to get a good nights sleep. I find myself going up to pee a lot during they night and ima try to stop drinking a lot of water before bed. But besides that, does anyone have any suggestions or tips on how to sleep better?

any help appreciated..

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    Well, sleep deprivation can come from any number of reasons. Stress, having lots of shit on your mind keeps you form sleeping. If thats the problem youll need to work something out. In the meantime, melatonin often helps put me to sleep if i cant. Or if you have some muscle relaxers or valiums xanax etc. However i would NOT reccomend relying on meds yo help you sleep. Natural sleep is the most refreshing, and the best for you.

good luck
    symatech

TITANS is offline New Member
    Try Ambien. It's a non-benzodiazepine. Xanax & Valium are. I travel and use Ambien for overnights. It only has a 2.5 hour half-life and it gets you to sleep, keeps you asleep, and keeps you from waking too early. Plus, you don't feel all goofy the next morning like a benzo makes you feel. But, like Symatech said, don't rely on meds. I would use them to kick start you sleep cycles.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Try reading a book.....5 minutes and I'm out like a light! It doe work, has anything been bothering you, are you on gear??? There's different reasons why you can't fall asleep.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Set your alarm for 4AM one day and by the time 9 comes around u'll be dead tired...

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i'm up 4-5 times a night...might just have to be something you have to get used to..

i try to hit it at 10pm...up by 5....if that actually happens, i can guarantee i'm up at 12, 1, 2, 3 and 4...just something that my body does...if i'm not training...i sleep like a baby....weird

justme is offline Associate Member
    try a visualization technique used by hypnotists

1 - get comfy in the bed, (I use one of the pillows for supporting your neck)
    2 - adjust the heat to be at a level you are comfortable with.
    3 - close your eyes.
    4 - take in a few relaxing breaths, inhaling completely and exhaling completely before inhaling again.
    5 - starting at your head concentrate on relaxing each muscle, nerve and fibre all the way down to your toes. (your body should feel heavy and relaxed if this is complete)
    6 - once this is complete think about how you feel just before you drift off to sleep, your thoughts are slow, it is hard to follow a line of thought. bring this forward to your current state.
    7 - concentrate on matching your mind to your body so that it relaxes so much that you drift off.

the above shouldn't take more than 10-20 minutes.

compwhiz16 is offline Junior Member
    Hey Andro, I can relate to your problem. Man, trust me I have pretty much the same problem. I would like to say I am a morning person. The other day the exact same thing happened to me. I was going to the gym at 5:00 a.m so I went to sleep at 9:00 p.m the night before. Unlike you I actually got sleep pretty early but then at about 1:00 a.m I had to get up to pee and that ruined my sleep for me. After that it was pretty much tossing and twisting around waiting for 5:00 a.m. It is hard to say why that happens. I have no stress. I make it a point to go to bed by 10 on non training days and I can never get a good 8 hr. sleep no matter what I do. I don't want to take any pills to assist me. I will try reading something boring maybe to relax the mind. Hope, you find some solution.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Join the crowd bro. I have to get up at 4 am every day that I work, I work 6a to 6p. I lift or run every night as well, I am always dead tired but still have trouble sleeping. Then when I have a day off I seem to sleep forever(12+ hours usually) It sucks, always up and down in sleep patterns.

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    Well spring break is coming up , I'ma try to get in some good sleep then. Thanks for the melatonin advice, it really worked. I been taking it for a week now around 9-10ish, it put me out. I sleep somewhat better now.

BigJB is offline Junior Member
    Ambien's fun, if you take it and just keep yourself up u trip face

Assassinator is offline Associate Member
    I lie down, watching tv, i put the timer on the tv for about 30 mins, and before the 30 mins is done and the tv goes off, im asleep.

When ever things are on my mind, i can never sleep, you just gotta forget about all the shit in your head, and be cool.

JayUzer is offline Junior Member
    melatonin works nice. i am thinking about getting some ambien. if i do i will let you know how it works out. i just have trouble sleeping on sunday and some mondays. i dont have to take shit the rest of the week.i will check back often and let everyone know the latest on getting to sleep on the gas!

murph is offline Member
    Originally posted by JayUzer
    melatonin works nice.
    i agree works for me 2

Thread Information