Polska is offline Anabolic Member

5 lbs of muscle in 3 months naturally. Possible?

It works out to a little over 1.5 lbs in a month.
    I am thinking very short rest intervals, lighter weights, and high impact training. Can it be done naturally or am I setting my goals too high?
    A guy at the gym told me 2.5 lbs of pure muscle in 3 months is more realistic naturally.... what do you bros think?

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    of course it is possible. but why not lift heavy?
    lifting heavy and with a good diet you could put on over 10 pounds, why settle ?=/

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    Depends you your genetics, training, diet, past training. But yes, in reality anything is possible. I am sure there is some freak that when he first started training put on 10 - 20lb in 3 months.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I think it's possible, with the right diet and proper training, yes genetics will also play a big role.

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    if you want big muscles, lift heavy weights, Reletively speaking of course. It's definately possible especially for a beginner.

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    sure it's possible....i did it and i'm a chick! just hit the weights hard and eat right

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    haha.. i didnt want to come across as a beginner. I consider myself an advanced intermediate... been training solidly for 3 years, but i first started lifting 5 years ago. I just put on muscle really slow.... and since I've just done a cycle recently it seems like it's going at a snail pace right now.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I wouldnt see why not with the right diet I have done it befor

calidude is offline Senior Member
    like most are saying yes if you train, eat, and rest right.

popa is offline Senior Member
    5lbs in 3 months no prob bro

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    I first started weight training when I was sixteen for football, it was the spring of my sophmore yr. I weighed in at 160 lbs during the beggining of my sophmore year, at the beggining of my senior year, I weighed in at 216 lbs, I remained the same height as my sophmore yr at 5' 11", It was not pure lean muscle, I was a little puffy, but I was very strong and bulky looking. My bench went from 200lbs to 385, my squat went from 220 to 485, everyone swore I was juicing, I was 100% natural, I did not even take any supplements. To this day everyone thinks I took roids during that time, I take it as a compliment. 5lbs over 3 months is very possible, good diet, lots of protein, heavy intense training, lots of rest. Creatine itself will add 5lbs in the first month due to water retention. Good luck.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    5 pounds in 3 months is totally feasible. You just have to know how to eat and train for your bodytype and training level. I believe 4 pounds per month muscle gain is an average for entry level bodybuilders.

BTW - Brian1200, welcome to the board. You seem like a pretty smart fella from your recent posts on AR...

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Warrior, this seems like great website, everyone is pretty knowledgeable, honest and friendly,willing to help each other out, well I am not the smartest and probably not the dumbest, I have 15 yrs experiance training, I operate on common sense and bullshit, you know the drill, take care.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Very very possible. September of 2001 I weighed in at 165.2lbs for a bench press comp. After that I decided to bulk up. I went from 165.2lbs up to 203lbs from Sept.(2001) to April(2002) using no supps or juice. My height was the same of course and my bodyfat only went up 2%.

Thread Information