cool7425 is offline Junior Member

Leg excercise suggestions

Hey guys, I have a back injury that doesn't permit me to do squats or any excercise that puts a lot of weight on my back. Are there any good leg mass builders left?

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    I've had lower back problems for a while, i've been doing hack squats and leg extensions and thats about it, thank goodness my back is just about right again, maybe you can try lunges aswell.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Hack squat, leg press, leg extensions, dumbell lunges.

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    Hey cool, I just had back surgury about 8 weeks ago from a ruptured disk in my lower back, I was a 500lb plus squatter a while ago. I obviously cannot do squats quite yet, for my upper leg workouts I do, 3 sets of one legged squats, using bodyweight, stand parallel to a wall looking down the side of a wall, if you are squatting with your right leg put your right hand against a pole or the wall and use a wall or something to hold on to, or stabalize you. Use one leg to squat with, and put your leg you are not squatting with in front of you straight, extending the leg. after a while use less of the wall to stabalize yourself and rely more on your balance, you may think this is easy, but it is a lot harder than you think, I get incredible pumps and it has improved my balance, next I do 2 to 3 sets of lunges with light dumbells in each hand and lunge the entire length of the gym or until faliure, then I do 2 to 3 sets of leg extentions. For hamstrings I do 3 sets of lying leg curls. This is a great leg workout, I still get great pumps from it. Obviously it is still a far second from a great squat workout, but sometimes you have to make due with what you got and your limitations, my legs have hardly shrunk at all being on this program. Give it a try.

Thread Information