tryingtogain is offline Member

anyone use the bowflex?

anyone use the bowflex?

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

actually

my friend hasone. he uses it quite frequently......as a fucking coat hanger for dirty laundry in his basement.HIT THE GYM

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    I think that if you just have to buy one unit for home use then go for it. i know two guys that keep fit. not large, body builders but fit guys.

hell i know a guy that just uses cement cender blocks as weights and the guy has a nice body. hes cut, so anything is possible.

If you want to really max your results, join a gym and buy arnolds book everything you will need is in there. well besides the kick ass members of this board.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

IMO

i think the average person's adherance rate to exercise drops off significantly when their only sourceof training is in home.JMO

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I will not compare it to any gym, but for a home exercise unit I will say it's the best on the market. I've used it before at a friends house and you actually can get a descent workout on one. Will I give up my gym membership and go out and buy one.....no, but for those that refuse to join a gym I'd recommend the bowflex to 'em.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I used a bowfelx ran out of weight to bench I dont reall like it it never mad me sore

SwoleDiesel662 is offline Associate Member
    For the casual lifter that doesn't have much spare time, it's great. I'd recommend it for sure.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    GO HIT THE FREE WEIGHTS - fuck the Bowflex... melt it down into more dumbells

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    Bowflex was great when i was young and in the basement fucking around. If ya are a guy just looking to dabble and stay fit. Go for it. I didnt like it. Way to ackward, not natural for me. But hey, i love watching the fucking comercials. Funny ass shit. For the money though, get a nice bench and 300lb set. Better than the bowflex imo.

RayL is offline Associate Member
    Don't waste your time with a bowflex. For that matter, don't waste your time with any home gym equipment unless you are a millionaire or have no access to a gym...like maybe you live at the South Pole or something. Trust me. I have spent several thousand dollars over the years aquiring equipment. I have benches, squat rack, various bars, dumbells 15-100lbs, combo lat pull down, seated row, leg machine, expensive electro-magnetic resistence cardio equip., 500lbs in free weights, etc. Hell, I even have a $1000 rubber floor in my basement. I have found that no matter how much equipment that I buy, I can never get the kind of work-out that I get at a decent gym. There is just too much neccessary equipment.
    Last edited by RayL; 04-22-2003 at 08:00 AM.

Thread Information