Thread: Boxing

Whoisdaman is offline Senior Member

Boxing

I am currently cutting, enhanced with a prop, fina, winny, eq cycle. My question is, I want to add a form of good cardio into my day. I was thinking about getting a membership to a boxing gym. The thing is, I get up at 7:30 in the morning, get to work at 9 and work till 5, and really end my day with working out at the gym. You think it would be too catabolic if I went to the boxing gym at... say 5:30 to 6:30. Then maybe went home and got a little rest, and went to my other gym at 9:00 to lift? I would love to space out boxing and lifting but I really can't with my work schedule. What do you guys think?

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I used to do a lot of boxing and I did find it to be pretty catabolic. I guess if you do it for a short period of time you shouldn't have that much of a problem, but when I boxed it was rounds and rounds. But IMO I would think that if you do it for say 20-35mins at a reasonable pace it shouldn't be much more catabolic than other forms of cardio. Just watch your heart rate and make sure it doesn't get to high. Also make sure you get plenty of rest inbetween boxing sessions. I would advice at the most everyother day.

Pain

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Yeah...go with Pains advice here bro.

I think I'll take 2 rest days from training during the week and make those strictly boxing days, and box both sat and sun but split it boxing in the morning and training in the evening. Hopefully that'll keep my energy up and keep me from becoming catabolic. Did you find boxing fun painintheazz? I really am just looking for a new form of cardio to maybe get some speed and more muscle definition. Thanks for your help.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    I loved it. I would still consider sparing and hitting the bag if I had the time but I stopped mainly because after you get popped in the head a few times you really start to wonder how good it is for the brain. Didn't feel like wasting my 4 years in college. Know what I mean.

Pain

I was thinking of just going there to hit the bag, trying out speed drills or something... sparing at most. Never planned to get into fights.

Thread Information