gettinthere is offline Associate Member

Chest Symmetry!!!

What can I do to bring up just one side of my chest. On flat bench before I knew any better I was doing too much weight and getting squirrely under it, using my right shoulder more than my right pec. The result is an underdeveloped right pec. I no longer do such heavy sets on bench and I really watch my form, but I'm afraid I need to do more than just this to correct it. I am doing more independent chest excercises now:

Dumbells for flat press
    hammer strength with plates for decline
    cables for incline and regular flys

For bi's or anything else it would be easy to just work one more than the other. But with chest it seems like you really need something pulling on both sides. Should I add a couple sets of one sided cables or what?

That is all I do for my chest workout, and my chest has become massive, I just need it to match!

Anyone had this problem before?

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    My recommendation:

Incline Dumbell Press, 4 sets, 6-10 reps, RI=120 seconds,Tempo= 2-0-2
    Incline Dumbell Flyes, 3 sets, 10-12 reps, RI=90 seconds,Tempo= 4-0-2
    [S-1] Hammer Decline Press, 3 sets, 12-15 reps, RI=0 seconds,Tempo= 4-0-2
    [S-2] Machine Decline Flyes, 3 sets, 12-15-10 reps, RI=0 seconds,Tempo= 4-0-2
    S-1 and S-2 are supersets with no rest intervals (3 supersets total w/ 120 sec RI inbetween each)

Originally posted by Peter North
    hey warrior stupid question but whats a decline hammer press?? is it one of the many lines of hammer machines or what bro??
    Yeah. It has a range of motion similar to Chest Dips. Like all Hammer Strength machines - it works each arm independently and with a freeweight-type resistance... the eccentric range is basically gravity-based... no cables... AKA, you can burn the negatives with it.

gettinthere is offline Associate Member
    our hammer strength for decline says decline press on the machine. You could also ask a trainer. It is one with a big wide seat on it, and two independent handles. The seat is slightly reclined and it feels like doing decline on a decline bench with a barbell if you've ever done those. I think they all look a lot alike too, the incline looks very similar, but I cant imagine getting them confused after a couple reps.

I hyper-linked the IMG to all the Hammer Strength Machine Pics...

The card on the machine itself:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chest Symmetry!!!-isodecline.gif  

Thread Information