AXx
    AXx is offline AR's hose draggin' post whore~Recognized Member Winner - $100

Every 3rd Day workout Q's

Hey guys, I'm a full time fireman and only get to workout on day I work at FD. The reason being we don't get paid enough so we all have part time jobs. My wife doesn't work (due to health problems) so I carry the load of the house. I workout every 3rd day my schedule is I work 1 day and I'm off for 2.

Squats 4x10
    Incline DB 4x10
    Upright rows 4x10 (bad shoulders/nothing overhead)
    Low rows/ or deadlifts 4x10
    Tricep press down or skulls or dips 4x10
    BB curls 4x10
    Calfs 4x10

Cardio on days at FD then morning after 45 min

Also I have a partner, when I do a set he does a set an then so on, so it's pretty high intensity/low volume.

You guys got any suggestions to beef this up or add to it.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    working out 2.33 days a week is really only enough to maintain. you are definately limited by your exposure to the gym.

suggest doing more cardio during your off time. not sure what your diet is like.

any chance you can buy some equipment off craigs list and do some of the work at the home?

AXx
    I assume it's possible to purchase some weights but not only is my gym time limited so is my money, lol.

It's also possible due to a little job reschedule that I could workout the morning after but still limits me to only 2 days in the gym. The other reason is I'm semi helping my 46 yr old Lieutenant workout for the first time in his life. He leaves early int the mornings to go to his second job.

Give me a rough breakdown (if you will) of what how I might break it down if I worked out 2 days off 1 day. I have worked out for 13+ years so I'm not new to this just having a hard time optimizing my time with the resources given.

Thank in advance for any help

je909ki is offline Junior Member
    I work for the FD too and I just go in on my off days as well. I know you said you had a part-time job, but can't you go to the station after and lift or are you not allowed too unless your on shift?

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by je909ki View Post
    I work for the FD too and I just go in on my off days as well. I know you said you had a part-time job, but can't you go to the station after and lift or are you not allowed too unless your on shift?
    that's a good question! didn't think about it

if you want to do two on and one off, you can actually make some pretty decent gains. I lived in afghanistan for a year, the gym was limited, so i resigned myself to working out upper body 1 day lower body the next, and then rest. this and a strict nutrition plan (well, sometimes, the cooks there really sucked) allowed this 50 year old to make significant progress. lost about 4 or 5% body fat, kept the weight about the same, and the denim shorts i brought over there would drop to the floor if i put them on at the end of the year (too loose)

AXx
    Quote Originally Posted by je909ki
    Yes sir we can go on off time, but I live 30 miles away from my department, and my second job is another 8 from my house, second job ends at 6pm, I work at a local gun shop/sporting goods store.

I have been going to gym morning after work and doing cardio before I have to be at work at 9:15am. Technically speaking I could workout in the morning and still do less minutes of cardio.

So I could do

Day at FD
    Chest
    Back
    Shoulders(what little I can do)

Day coming off
    Legs
    Biceps
    Triceps

Maybe??

Thread Information