prostreet1500 is offline New Member

does sex have a effect on your lifting the next day?

I was wondering if having sex the night before u lift foes anything to the way you lift the next day? do u lose power or anything, and if so is there any way to get around it? also do you lose any size ?

BIG R is offline Member
    NO,

IMO sex will only mess you up if you try to have it an hour before you work out........that includes solo sessions!

My two rules are: 1. No tanning before workouts
    2. No sex right before workouts

I found that both of these help me to lift heavier. But after you are done working out THE SKY's the LIMIT!

R

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by BIG R
    NO,

IMO sex will only mess you up if you try to have it an hour before you work out........that includes solo sessions!

I found that both of these help me to lift heavier. But after you are done working out THE SKY's the LIMIT!

R
    From personal experience I'll second Big R's advice.

thanks for the help guys but doesent that make you lose all your testosterone ?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by BIG R
    NO,

R
    I agree on the sex part, but ive acctualy had good workouts after ive tanned.

Originally posted by prostreet1500
    thanks for the help guys but doesent that make you lose all your testosterone?
    No....now I'm not certain if shooting your load off has any influence on your est levels, but are you honestly gonna pass up some loving when it's offered to you? Just kidding. Ok, I found this out when we were trying to have our fist baby. Youe testes produce so much sperm in a given time, now if it's not used it destroyed and more is made about every 24 hours. Now this is what a naval docotr told me and my wife so don't hold me too it. Just have fun and try not to do it 10 minutes before you're workouts and you'll be fine and it won't hinder any gains.

so what ur telling me is, the 3 months i went w/o blowing a load did not help me out 1 bit in any way? what a waste of no sex

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

jesus christ!!!

you went 3 months without getting off?!!!you should get a god damn medal!!!let no one here say they are more focused than this cat!!!

i found out that if i jerk or bang before i workout i don't feel as intense when i work out.i was actually just atlking about this today and all my friends had said the same thing.so i stickto it as a rule now

anastasio is offline Junior Member
    its like arnold said, he said something like, SEX makes me feel good, and when im on stage to compete i like to feel good so. so he has sex, and probably before his workout hehe

gymchic is offline Female Member
    Wait till after your workout - it's a great way to get in all those hours of cardio!

luv,
    GymChic
    Moderator: Bodybuilding.com
    Moderator: Steroidology
    Moderator: Superior Muscle

I hated every minute of training, but I said, "Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life a champion." - Muhammad Ali, Boxer

Universal Kits

Originally posted by gymchic
    Wait till after your workout - it's a great way to get in all those hours of cardio!

luv,
    GymChic
    Yup.....to hell withthe treadmill! This way's alot more fun.

greatinflate is offline Junior Member
    i can speak from recent experience as in today.....do not have sex b4 a workout. i felt like a little weak bitch in there today and after reading this i know why! priorities..1)lift 2)sex 3)ciggarette

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I think as long as you dont do It during your workout you will be fine sucks if you were doing it while benching

Originally posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    I think as long as you dont do It during your workout you will be fine sucks if you were doing it while benching
    Actually that sounds like a fun workout to me.

Bobbo is offline Junior Member
    If I have it the night before I feel like I have more energy when lifting the next day. I get pumped up and bang out the sets.

Bobbo

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    Q.How do you know when your to into weight lifting? A. When you abstain from sex, because you believe it will make you weak. Geezuz I could not imagine going without sex for a week let alone 3 months, I bet the sight of old ladies were turning your head. Even if sex made me lose 20 lbs on the bench I still would not care. Actually I have read studies that sex boosts the Test levels in men and women, and women can actually absorb Test from mens ejactulate, ( insentive for woman to jump in the sack with me) true or not I don't know, but the bottom line, I am not giving up my sex. I think there is some truth about waiting an hour after sex to lift, however I have went straight to lifting after sex, because I felt so (warmed) up.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    No sex for 3 months either. Wan't as hard, no pun indended, as I thought it would be, but then again I am 35. . The frustrating part is the constant looking around for someone since I divorced my freaky ass wife. Looking for gal who can keep up with me both in the gym and in the sack. In my dreams so far.

BigTek is offline New Member
    Last edited by BigTek; 04-24-2009 at 04:38 AM.

flexgolf is offline Member
    if ur like me i fall asleep right after sex...so as long as u get a nap after ur done and before u work out u should be ok

Ryan2g is offline Junior Member
    sex can benefit workouts

brad fuel is offline Junior Member
    i don't think it affects lifting the next day too much. But it does take your legs away. If i have a hockey game the next day i can totally tell the difference. I skate a lot slower and my recovery rate seems to be worse

Thread Information