ripsid is offline Senior Member

Dorian's Workout or aka H.I.T

I watched Blood and Guts this morning and was seriously motivated by it also it's alot better than watching Ronnie's unbelievably bad form.
    Has anyone used the principals or done the workouts that Dorian or mentzer used. Obviously it's worked for Dorian.
    I was at his site and wrote down his workout and would really like to trying but I'd like to get your guys take on the H.I.T. workout.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    An excellent point raised by a rather insightful writer (i'll dig up the article) was that, by this point in their careers, Mentzer and Dorian undoubtedly had developed the fabled "mind-muscle connection" that certainly greatly exceeds that of the average, or even above average trainer. In that sense, I tend to think a great many of us are unable to benefit from it to the extent they were, as they are able to take that single working set to failure in a way we simply never could.

Sigmund Froid is offline Associate Member
    I bet there is some truth to what BigGreen is saying. These people are professionals at moving heavy objects. They have a whole different neurological connection to their muscles that is much more focused and concentrated. Of course, I could be wrong

-SF

cdog is offline Associate Member
    HIT training is the best IMHO Iam on it now and see gains in size and strength from week to week and Iam in the gym only 3 times a week .I'll show you what my HIT training looks like
    day 1 chest,shoulders tri
    2x12 db bench
    1x8/15 weighted dips
    1x15/30 Incline flys
    1x8/15 cable push downs
    lat raises 1x10,1x15/30
    rest 2 full days
    legs
    squat1x8/15
    dead lifts 1x8/15
    rest 2 full days
    arms and back
    weighted pull ups 2xfailure
    pull up negitives 1x6
    lat pull overs 2x12
    hammer curls 1x8/15
    rest 2 full days and start again .
    Last edited by cdog; 04-24-2003 at 07:40 PM.

thegame01 is offline Member
    Dorian's work outs are only a variation of the true HIT program. I have been doing the same wo as dorian for a while and have gotten much stronger.I have not incresed my size but then again i wasnt growing before eiher .

The man is awesome .showing it the way it really is .
    i love his tape (blood and guts )

GZ

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Thats true thegame about the size thing Mentzers HIT Training will get you strong but size is hard to come by .This is becouse you are only working your chest for example only once every 12 days or so .I have a traininer that hooked me up on my HIT and it focus is on mass as well as power. For mass you need to HIT the muscle more often than every 12 days .Right now Iam on a 9 day split and its working great .Good Luck

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    Yes H.I.T is a great program, I feel much more stoked about working out when I don't have a 20 set volume per body part to look forward to, I like to get in, kill my muscles briefly and get out, that means more rest and recovery time for my muscles to grow and get stronger. Some of the workouts were only taking Dorian 15 mins, it was all out intensity though. I am a still a little bit stubborn on my sets, for core lifts like squats, bench press, deadlifts, pullups, I still do three sets, I prefer this personally because I dont feel my strongest until the second or third set, for the smaller muscle groups I do less sets, it is a great program, I would definently reccomend it to the novice or veteran lifter.

HeavyDuty2 is offline New Member
    Give it a go man.......You'll love it!!
    There are alot of Mentzer/Arthur Jones 'bashers' out there, but they were pioneers and ahead of their time! I personally use a program similar to what Mentzer advocates. At 1st really didn't concentrate on correct form to move and lower the weight. The detractors of Mentzer seem to come back to the point where they say they see people doing anything to get those final reps and improve every workout.....using sloppy form to move the weight and this type of training leads to nothing but injuries and burnout.

Concentrate hard on form and regulating the volume and frequency of your workouts. Especially resist the temptation to add more sets....(decide how many work sets and excercises you want to do 1st). If you have a good partner/spotter and you do forced reps properly you won't want to do any drops after a couple of proper 'minimal helped' forced reps.

Good Luck mate!!

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I did a modified version of it because for 1 I'm coming off a shoulder injury. I worked chest/bi's/tri's and man I felt it! I was burned pretty good. I looked at Dorian's website and he has his workout on there and it's not like 1 set max's, it is several warm up sets and the your 1 max to 8-10. So that's kind of what I did, except on chest I can't max right now so I did burn big time! I loved it, I'm a hardf'ngainer big time! and I'm hoping to shock the shit out of body with this workout. I can only imagine what it will be like when I finally run my cycle.

Thread Information