dreamache is offline Junior Member

I need to go ALL out, suggestions..

well, i basically have a ton of time on my hands... i'm self employed through freelance design / programming so i make my own hours. hence, i have a lot of time on my hands usually.. so my goals, as most of you, is just to get big and ripped.

right now i'm 6'0 185, pretty low bf%, and i haven't done any juice yet. i want to do whatever will give me the BEST results. right now i'm looking to bulk up, more than cut. if i have to spend 2 1/2 / 3 hours in the gym, i'll do it if it'll be more beneficial opposed to just spending my usual 1 1/2 hours. i have everything split up into 3 days, 2 body parts, sometimes 3 a day.. and usually 4 exercises per body part.

question: to get the best gains, would it be better to do 5 or 6 exercises per body part, opposed to 3 or 4?

i just wanna do whatever it takes, thanks guys.

Steele is offline Member
    how old are you?
    ever used juice before? (my geuss is no)
    how long you been working out?
    what is your diet like?

Originally posted by Steele
    how old are you?
    ever used juice before? (my geuss is no)
    how long you been working out?
    what is your diet like?
    i'm 20 years old...
    nope i haven't, contemplating it soon though.
    i've been workin out 2 3/4 years consistantly
    right now its pretty basic cause i've neglected the nutritional aspect for quite sometime, i get about 180g's of protein a day, roughly the same in carbs.

heres a pic:

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well your workout depends on you. Everyone responds differently to all workouts. Try a few different types and see which one works for you. As for diet, this is the area you really need to focus on. Without proper diet I don't care how hard you workout or what you take, no proper diet = no results. Protein- I'd go at least 1.5 grams per lb of lean body mass, Carbs- I'd go at least 2 grams per lb of lean body mass.

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    Usually doing more then 4 excercises per body part is just a waste. If you do your workout correctly, and not counting any waiting you might have to do for a machine an hour to an hour and a half is plenty of time to do a great workout. Whether you're doing lighter weight more reps or the H.I.T. program, just remember form is the key.

well see, i think it might be pretty hard to get 1.5g's of protein per pound cause i can't drink protein drinks anymore... so now that i get 180g's, its all from food... canned chicken, canned tuna, pb&j sandwiches, eggs.. it'd be hard as hell to get like 275g's of protein a day... and i CAN'T take ANY protein shakes, whether they be dairy free or not, my body just wont handle it for some reason, i've tried them all. so i gotta get it from food, and its already pretty damn expensive :\

I know it's not easy. I get in over 400grams of protein a day and only 88 grams is from shakes and 340 something grams is from real food. It's hard but can be done.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I know it's not easy. I get in over 400grams of <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> a day and only 88 grams is from shakes and 340 something grams is from real food. It's hard but can be done.
    well, what do you eat all in all? i imagine that probably gets expensive.

I spend on average $150-160 dollars a week at the store. Of course I'm shopping formyself, wife and two babies as well. I buy each week just for protein, 6 dozen eggs, 4 5lb bags of boneless skinless chicken breast, 1 lb of turkey breast lunch meat, 1 jar natural peanutbutter, 5 lbs ground chuck (90% lean). Also 1 3lb bag frozen breen beans, 2 boxes of rice, 1 jug of oatmeal. Then whatever the family needs. Total grocery bill on average is about $150.

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    what's wrong with protein drinks for you? if you're lactose intolerant you can get plenty of kinds with negligible lactose, a whey protein shake right after work out is a MUST

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    well, you need to hook up with a nutrition expert and get an eating schedule cuz you won't get anywhere w/o proper nutrition.

if you want to gain some mass: take your body weight and times it by 20. .. that is the number of calories you should have in your diet. this should allow you to gain up to 2lbs a week.

if you don't want to gain 2lbs a week, then i suggest that you consume about:

300grams of Carbs
    225grams of Proteins
    100grams of Fats

daily with a 2,995 calorie diet & excersize. but if you do want to gain 2lbs a week, you'll need a 3,700 calorie diet with about:

370grams of Carbs
    278grams of Proteins
    124grams of Fats.

**these calculations are based on your height - weight - age**
    choose your diet & get a good work out. if you need help with protein shit, check out www.affordablesupplements.com and their #1 best seller. other then that, just eat ALOT!

i normally eat 5 meals a day with a 3500 calorie diet. but rite now i need to drop 4lbs so i'm down to a 2808 calorie diet w/ 1hr - 1hr 30mins of training & 5miles of Cardio.

Thread Information