Thread: Will This Work

Chris19 is offline New Member

Will This Work

Can I expect good results from this workout. I am all natural.

Monday: Chest/Calves
    AM Workout
    Pyramid Bench Press:
    12x135, 10x190, 8x230, 6x260, 4x295, 2x315
    3x12 Incline: 70lb db, 80 lb db, 90lb db
    3x12 Decline: 185, 205, 225
    4x12 Pec Dec Flies: 80lb
    3x15 Incline Flies: 35lb
    PM Workout
    4x20 Calf Press: 650lbs
    2x Superset Donkey Raises + Standing Calf Raises
    ABS: 100reps
    Cardio: 20 minute high intensity

Tuesday: Biceps/Forearms
    AM Workout
    3x12 Standing Cam. Bar Curls: 110lbs
    3x12 1 Arm Preacher curls: 35lb db
    3x12 Reverse Curls: 65lbs cam. bar
    3x12 Straight Bar Halves: 75lbs
    PM Workout
    4x20 Forearm Curls: 75lb db
    4x20 Standing Forearm Curl: 135lb
    ABS: 100 reps
    Cardio: 20 minute high intensity

Wednesday: Legs/Traps
    Pyramid Squats:
    20x135, 12x225, 10x275, 8x315, 6x365, 4x385, 2x405
    3x12 Leg Extensions: 315lbs
    3x12 Leg Press: 650lbs
    3x12 Leg Curls: 140lbs
    PM Workout
    Pyramid Shrugs:
    12x225, 10x315, 8x365, 6x385, 4x405, 2x415
    Cardio: 20 minutes (if i can walk)

Thursday: Back
    AM Workout
    3x12 Bent Rows: 215lbs
    3x12 Flex Lat Machine: 230lbs
    3x12 1 Arm Rows: 110lb db
    3x12 T-Bar: 135lbs
    3x12 Rear Delts: 30lb db
    3x12 Deadlifts: 335lbs
    PM Workout
    ABS: 100 Reps
    Cardio: 20 minutes high intensity

Friday: Triceps/Shoulders
    AM Workout
    3x12 Close Grip Bench Press: 225lbs
    3x12 Skull Crushers: 110 cam. bar
    3x12 2 Hand Overhead press: 125lb db
    3xBurn Out Rope Pulldown: 80lbs
    PM Workout
    4x12 Smith Machine Military Press: 155lbs
    3x12 Standing High Rows: 115
    3x12 Lateral Raises: 30lb db
    3x12 Arnold Presses: 40lb db

Saturday:
    Any workouts I missed during the week.

Chris

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I don't think its good to have a workout set in stone, i change the exercises, order of exercises, reps, sets, rest intervals, etc from workout to workout.

So i'm going to assume you will just keep that general split, but all the stuff in each workout can change.

Only problems i c is that doing legs/traps right before DL day might lead to some overtraining.

I think doin that much training volume and cardio every day will definitely restrict progress unless you plan on running some sort of cycle.

If you can handle going 2 workouts a day for 6 days on and 1 day off, i think thats great. Otherwise if u still plan going 2 workouts a day i would go with a 2 days on, 1 day off or just 5 days on 2 days off. I would really really think about this.

You're going to be needing alot of rest, so your diet must be on the bullseye, and you will need at least one knap between those workouts.

Other then that, i think you can try it, and make changes as you go along and hopefully it works out.

One thing i'd like to add, i did something very similar to this split, 6 days on, 1 day off with 2 workouts a day and doing cardio every day. All i can say is that it was not worth it, i used the split for maybe 3.5 months and i did manage to drop about ~6% BF and gain about 5lbs of muscle. But as soon as i started bulking i was only workin out 5x a week and i was gaining 4-5 lbs of lean muscle a month, so my point is that it is a hell of alot easier to gain muscle when bulking instead of trying to put this incredible effort into gaining muscle and losing fat at the same time.

cdog is offline Associate Member

OMG...........

Yeah that will totally work if you want to overtrain and get hurt.Way to much bro This looks like another program right out of flex mag.You know why the mags put out these big as$ workouts ?To keep you overtrained.
    Why so you will think that something must be wrong with the supps you use becouse your not geting any bigger or stronger so the problem must be with the protien ,or CREATINE" ,or or or or but the real problem is in the training .These companys are makeing a huge amount of money on supps And do you think for one minute they want you to train right?Im not saying you dont need supps becouse you do but its mostly in the training .

You will make better gains if you simply cut that work load that you posted in half.1-2 working sets thats it and you will grow stonger and bigger than ever before.
    Last edited by cdog; 04-27-2003 at 04:53 PM.

I also would like to add that you neglected rear delts in your routine.

I gotta disagree with cdog on this one, you can make this routine work, but it will take alot of effort. Namely, you will really need your diet to be on the bullseye, and make sure you are getting plenty of rest. The reason that cdog is wrong is that he is only working out each bodypart once per week.

I think it would be much more clear if you stated your fitness goals.

And nm about my earlier post about the rear delts, i c that you work those out with back.

However, the one point i will agree with cdog with is that it does seem like each workout is a fairly high volume so you might want to consider cuttin down some of those workouts. The nice thing about working out twice a day for 6 days a week, and only doing each bodypart once a week is that each workout should be very small and concise and at full intensity, and when u're on this type of split none of those workouts should be longer then 45 min because of the fact that u're workin out twice a day.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Bro my point is this if you do what you have posted you will no doubt overtrain sorry but I see no other outcome .Saboudian even you said it does seem like each workout is a faily high volume so you might want to consider cuttin down some of those workouts this is totaly my point .The guy is totaly natural and unless he is some kind of genetic freak it wont work .Also your telling him that he can make it work but its going to take alot of effort why not down size the workout why spend so much time in the gym?When you can make more gains with half the volume.Anyways do as you will this is a board of information its up to you to find out what works best .Also I work each body part once every 9 days! and I go up every time Im in the gym in size reps or weight every time .Not bad for only going to the gym 3 times a week .The bottom line is recovery and in your workout you have none .How can a guy thats all natural recover from week to week on a program like that ?
    How long does it take for a muscle to recover .Do you think by the time he is ready for back day that his arms would be ready for rows after working them just 2 days prior ?Nope.Anyways this aint a flame post its just I dont understand how he could make it work .And I could go on and on and on about the above workout .I do hope it works out for you and you make the gains that you are looking for .So keep us posted peace .

Thread Information