liztic is offline Junior Member

Question hi or low for mass

is high reps or low reps better to build mass on the bi's and tris? also, is it possible to build mass and define at the same time?

superjew is offline Associate Member
    You need to keep shocking your muscles to keep them growing. I'd suggest mixing up your reps on all body parts. For instance: Maybe do 4 sets of barbell curls at 12, 10, 8, 6 reps. Than follow that with preacher curls at 4 sets of 6 or so. There's alot of debate about reps "defining" you. I personally think it's your diet and cardio that does it.

liztic is offline Junior Member
    thanks for the advice sj

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by superjew
    There's alot of debate about reps "defining" you. I personally think it's your diet and cardio that does it.
    I second that!

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    i'm not sure about this but when i first started working out - i didn't know anything about eating right and i was 2 lazy to do cardio. i thought that working out alot would get you ripped alone. anyways, my biceps grew from 15 1/2" to 17" in about 4mths of just working out alone and it has alot of shape. doing Pushdowns with 70lbs and barbell curls with 70 - 80lbs and doing concentration curls with about 30 - 40lbs. but i'm sure doing cardio and eating right will help you alot.

Thread Information