Henryhill470 is offline Associate Member

CrossFit questions ?

Just curious on everyone's thoughts around CrossFit ? I just started this week and it is intense as hell. Great work out. Please let me know what you think ?

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I see it as great for weightloss, if one is physically fit enough to begin with, and a great way of getting in cardiovascular and general shape.

From a bodybuilding standpoint, I do not feel it is ideal. So it is really a matter of goals and resources

dec11 is offline 'everything louder than everything else'
    Blog Entries
    crossshit, is my opinion. just another gimmick to sell to the masses. saw a very funny take on it by a well known fitness expert, taking the complete piss out if it, i'll post if i can find again.

crossfit leaves you open to picking up injuries easier.

Quote Originally Posted by dec11
    crossshit, is my opinion. just another gimmick to sell to the masses. saw a very funny take on it by a well known fitness expert, taking the complete piss out if it, i'll post if i can find again.

crossfit leaves you open to picking up injuries easier.
    Definetly post if you can find it. Would love to check it out

I'm going to try and do it twice a week just for the cardio. Just not sure how it will effect he rest of my work out days.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henryhill470 View Post
    I'm going to try and do it twice a week just for the cardio. Just not sure how it will effect he rest of my work out days.
    do cardio for cardio

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I have a friend that is getting in great shape doing Crossfit. He loves it, and that is what makes it easy to keep exercising. He was an athlete (wrestling) and had never really been totally sedentary (hiking, running, weight lifting), but never found anything he enjoyed doing until Crossfit.

I try to get him to lift with me and he keeps trying to get me to go to CF. I want to get bigger, he wants to be incredibly fit...different goals.

I need to get in shape and drop 25 lbs. I think this might be the best way to get my body in shape and shed the fat. Then run some gear. Years ago I tried running gear prior to getting BF down and my arms and should and chest looked good with a beer belly. lol. No good

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Henryhill470 View Post
    I need to get in shape and drop 25 lbs. I think this might be the best way to get my body in shape and shed the fat. Then run some gear. Years ago I tried running gear prior to getting BF down and my arms and should and chest looked good with a beer belly. lol. No good
    fasted weights sessions will help big time with bf loss, i can control my bf by diet and fasted weights without cardio.........

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    fasted weights sessions will help big time with bf loss, i can control my bf by diet and fasted weights without cardio.........
    Lucky bastard. My body likes to keep a layer of fat on my torso at all times. It takes a lot of cardio to make any headway.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas

Lucky bastard. My body likes to keep a layer of fat on my torso at all times. It takes a lot of cardio to make any headway.
    Same here bro. I have to put in an ungodly amount of cardio and a clean diet to see a tiny improvement. A lot of people say well your diet isn't clean enough. No, some people's body just holds on to fat. It's a biottccchhh

canesfan804 is offline Member
    I have been interested in CF but I right now I just want to get bigger. Napoleon syndrome I guess because CF would prob suite me better with my small frame. Like Johnny V said if you enjoy it then go for it. Hard to get results if your half hearted with the effort. Good luck

Hydroponics is offline Associate Member
    Cross fit is awesome IMO i like to switch up my routine and do that sometimes with a few friends.... Works great and my one friend is really gettin in good shape from it

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Crossfit is just a way for gyms to make money. It's good for general fitness/conditioning for other sports. The crossfit people at the gym I go to look the same now as they did a couple months ago. Some are leaner but not many.

Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Crossfit is just a way for gyms to make money. It's good for general fitness/conditioning for other sports. The crossfit people at the gym I go to look the same now as they did a couple months ago. Some are leaner but not many.
    I bet they can run a lot farther than me, though.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I bet they can run a lot farther than me, though.
    I KNOW they ran run farther than me. I just hate it when they come steal all the flat benches to take them outside at 6AM. No respect I tell ya.

Exercising outside is unnatural. How do they control the temperature???

They don't. The only time they don't go outside is if it's raining. Gonna be interesting as the temps drop.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    I reckon you could too mate with proper diet and training

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    They don't. The only time they don't go outside is if it's raining. Gonna be interesting as the temps drop.
    yeah, it's not a winter time pursuit. If id a penny for every CF studio I've seen in Dublin, I'd be rich!

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dec11
    yeah, it's not a winter time pursuit. If id a penny for every CF studio I've seen in Dublin, I'd be rich!
    Yeah they everywhere, cheap to set up as you well know, i have a friend who ditched pt in gyms and now does a few crossfit classes and makes more money, less hours, less stress etc etc etc

Give it another year or two and it be dead and there be a new " next big thing "

I agree Dan. Most will be gone in a couple of years and the next fad will come along. They're making money though. My gym charges an extra $100 a month just for crossfit and people pay it. I need to come up with something.........$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by dec11 View Post
    I reckon you could too mate with proper diet and training
    You are right, it is mostly diet for me. I have been eating for growth and my fat level stays consistent. I worry that if I trim calories I will stop gaining.

Here is to all the haters that replied to my thread !!!

2 time Crossfit world champion

Crossshit ? Or jealousy

Haters gone hate !

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-1578090336.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	127859

3day is offline Member
    Yep Rich Froning is the man. Would love to have a peek at his cycle history.

Quote Originally Posted by 3day
    Yep Rich Froning is the man. Would love to have a peek at his cycle history.
    No doubt, I'm sure he would say strict diet and extra protein !! lol

Thread Information