Talking In between cycles...any advice to help with dropping BF?

Hey everyone. Ive been on a long road to losing weight. Lost over 110 lbs already, but still have 30 to go...and a good percent of BF to drop. I just finished a cycle in AUg...and Im waiting until March or April to do another ...so in the meantime Id like to drop some more of this weight. My methods have worked in the past an ive kept muscle gains....however - now im getting to the "sticky fat" part and its still happeing, but its harder. So any advice or anything I can add to this please let me know! Ps - My schedule is wacky - which is why my days are the way they are.

Mon, tues, wed, Thurs 40 Min Fasted Cardio
    Sun, Mon, Thur, Sat 60 min Weight Training

My normal diet is pretty much the same every day. I intake 1800 cal. on average...but Friday is my over eat day where I consume 2500. I eat totally clean, no junk food, no white bread, no dairy, ...
    And Ive done the renegade diet for a few days at a time and had great results ...so I do that off and on.

And as far as what I take.....

HGH 2ius a day
    Rasberry Ketones 1000mcg ED
    Super Omega 3 oils
    Vitamin b12 injections 1000 Mcg ED
    Tonalin/CLA 1000 mg ED

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    You may want to post your diet in the nutrition section so GB et al can take a look. Carbs really are the enemy. I've had great success on the Atkins, then switch to a south beach after 2 months. if you 99.9% cut out all carbs, the weight will continue to come off, although this can make some grumpy. and ATkins is not ideal for those lifting weights in the gym. but if your main goal is fat loss, then you can just hit a light maintenance in the gym while dropping the fat, and you should be g2g. this, in my humble opinion, mixed in with cardio, would probably be the quickest way to lose the sticky fat.

Ill be honest .....this is my problem....I want to lose weight and continue to lose weight while I continue to get bigger muscle. Lol -- I know its hard as F! ANd i know I should concentrate on one.....but when I first lost weight - I lost so much muscle that I became weak.....But yes I still agree with everything you said. I try to keep carbs at a minimum. I eat subway for lunch everyday - and no carbs after that. Just protein. But I do eat a granola bar or something at night....just so I dont wake up hungry during the night..... Question :what is the SOuth beach diet?

red_hulk is offline Member
    Try taking glutamine and amino acids before fasted cardio. It'll help you to burn fat and keep muscle. I would say to get to your target bf% before starting another cycle otherwise you'll be in an endless cycle of gains and losses

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalGorilla View Post
    Ill be honest .....this is my problem....I want to lose weight and continue to lose weight while I continue to get bigger muscle. Lol -- I know its hard as F! ANd i know I should concentrate on one.....but when I first lost weight - I lost so much muscle that I became weak.....But yes I still agree with everything you said. I try to keep carbs at a minimum. I eat subway for lunch everyday - and no carbs after that. Just protein. But I do eat a granola bar or something at night....just so I dont wake up hungry during the night..... Question :what is the SOuth beach diet?
    there are many flaws in the original Atkins diet. in the beginning, everyone was eating salami and cheese thinking they were good to go. Atkins advocated avoiding carbs, but failed to emphasize embracing quality protein and fats. After two months on the atkins, (phase 3) you are supposed to reintroduce "good" carbs back into the diet slowly, until your weight reaches an equilibrium, and then that is how much carbs you eat each day. if you gain some weight, thenback off a bit. if you lose a bit, then add a few more carbs.

The South Beach really just skips to phase 3 of the atkins, but really emphasizes eating quality foods (salads, low GV carbs, etc) and very minimal carbs. Because of the flaws in the Atkins, the SB is a more healthy diet in the long term. But the atkins really loses the weight in the first two months.

Mate, if you are eating a subway for lunch, then good news! You have much room for improvement. Just because Jarrad says Subway is OK to eat, does not mean it is really that good. And the granola bar at night is a no~no too! At this point, you should NOT be eating ANY simple carbs. Period! Simple Carbs = Sugar.

Take the cracker test.
    Pop a saltine in your mouth. Chew slowly but do not swallow. As you do so, keep an eye on the second hand of the clock, and note how long before your cracker begins to taste sweet. Within 15 seconds, you should taste sweet. This is how long it takes to convert the saltine into sugar. Sugar is the enemy, and sugar is what makes you gain weight / prevents you from losing weight.

Here is a link to a GV chart:
    http://www.glycemicindex.com/

the carbs i eat are typically rolled oats, sweet potatos and yams, brown rice, that sort of thing. you should learn to get in the habit of NOT eating a carb unless you know for sure it has a low GV and is a complex carb.

does this help?

red_hulk is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman

there are many flaws in the original Atkins diet. in the beginning, everyone was eating salami and cheese thinking they were good to go. Atkins advocated avoiding carbs, but failed to emphasize embracing quality protein and fats. After two months on the atkins, (phase 3) you are supposed to reintroduce "good" carbs back into the diet slowly, until your weight reaches an equilibrium, and then that is how much carbs you eat each day. if you gain some weight, thenback off a bit. if you lose a bit, then add a few more carbs.

The South Beach really just skips to phase 3 of the atkins, but really emphasizes eating quality foods (salads, low GV carbs, etc) and very minimal carbs. Because of the flaws in the Atkins, the SB is a more healthy diet in the long term. But the atkins really loses the weight in the first two months.

Mate, if you are eating a subway for lunch, then good news! You have much room for improvement. Just because Jarrad says Subway is OK to eat, does not mean it is really that good. And the granola bar at night is a no~no too! At this point, you should NOT be eating ANY simple carbs. Period! Simple Carbs = Sugar.

Take the cracker test.
    Pop a saltine in your mouth. Chew slowly but do not swallow. As you do so, keep an eye on the second hand of the clock, and note how long before your cracker begins to taste sweet. Within 15 seconds, you should taste sweet. This is how long it takes to convert the saltine into sugar. Sugar is the enemy, and sugar is what makes you gain weight / prevents you from losing weight.

Here is a link to a GV chart:
    http://www.glycemicindex.com/

the carbs i eat are typically rolled oats, sweet potatos and yams, brown rice, that sort of thing. you should learn to get in the habit of NOT eating a carb unless you know for sure it has a low GV and is a complex carb.

does this help?
    Makes sense to me. It was dumbed down to me this way once: if you pour water on it and it grows, it's a bad carb. (Bread, pasta, etc..) it not set in stone, but it's a good way to remind yourself "I shouldn't eat this"

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    nothing wrong with carbs, its needed and a chat day or two every week with a massive pizza or w/e, it will HELP fatloss the rest of the week.

go for low-med carb/high protien/med fat

I don't agree with or like "low-no carb" diets.
    but i DO rec "carb cycling" works well if you know your diet and body.
    Last edited by Juced_porkchop; 10-19-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Juced_porkchop is offline Knowledgeable Member
    and i agree with the NO granola bar pre-bed for fatloss.
    have a hand full of nuts or a scoop of whey in water with 1 shot of EVOO (olive oil)
    what I do if bulking OR cutting.

unfortunatly because of my job - all i can really have is a granola bar - or whatever can sit in my pocket all night. And the same with Subway - its the only thing I can eat unless i want junk food....

bp2000 is offline Associate Member
    Eat a protein bar and some Brazil nuts instead of granola bar. Get double meat subway turkey

The problem with a protein bar - is its 3 times the calories.....but yea I do get double meat - Subway is no joke --- last year with no gym eating subway helped me drop like 30 lbs

MuscleInk is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bp2000
    Eat a protein bar and some Brazil nuts instead of granola bar. Get double meat subway turkey
    Most protein bars are candy bars with protein added in. They are crap. I haven't touched a protein bar in almost three years now. Before that I ate them often and my bf was high.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    not a fan f bars either but I think the detour oatmel bar is not terrible in comparison to everything else

Most protien bars have just as much carbs, and way more cals than a granola bar.

Thread Information