superjew is offline Associate Member

How's My Training Split?

Mon-Chest 12 sets. Abs 8 sets.
    Tues-Back 16 sets.
    Wed-Legs 16 sets.
    Thurs-Shoulders 12 sets. Abs 8 sets.
    Fri-Biceps 12 sets. Triceps 12 sets.
    Sat, Sun off.
    I am making good gains off of this program, and I don't feel overtrained. After reading alot about HIT programs, I'm wondering if I'm doing things all wrong. I am a natural mesomorph and have above average genetics for bodybuilding. Could I get the same or even better gains off of a HIT style program? Lifting weights 3 times a week doesn't seem like enough to produce good results. Nor does 3-4 sets per body part, regardless if they are taken to failure or not. But if I can spend less time in the gym and make the same gains....that's a no brainer! Any thoughts or comments are greatly appreciated.

yellows2k is offline Member
    if u are constantly making progress then why stop? many people have that split and grow fine.... i'd prefer more days of rest though

cdog is offline Associate Member
    I agree with yellow2K if your makeing the gains that you are after why change.Most people overtrain this is fact but that does not mean everybody overtrains .So would you be able to make better gains on HIT ?Maybe I know I do and I train twice as hard half as long than I did before and Iam making gains from week to week every week in weight or reps .So to each his own .If your body is recovering and you are growing on the program you listed by going to a HIT type training would not make things any worse .So if you want to spend less time in the gym and workout harder this to will work.If you get to a point to where you are not gaining anymore or not seeing the gains you want I would for sure be looking into HIT .Good Luck

superjew is offline Associate Member
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Does anyone who uses a HIT style program have a pic.? I've never actually seen someone who uses a program like that. I think that pics of people on a certain program can give you an idea of what kind of results it can produce. As well as what body types best respond to that particular workout.

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    well i do the exact same trainning split as u except for my sets. I have seen great results.....

Thread Information