Domestic is offline Associate Member

Best Time of Day for Cardio?

i work out at 12:00pm every day and by the time i'm done, its about 1 - 1:30pm and its like 80 degrees. should i do my cardio workout rite after my work out or wait until the sun goes down?

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    4:30 am

6:30 pm

cdog is offline Associate Member
    The best time for cardio is first thing in the morning on an empty stomach there is no better way.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    First thing in the morn with an ECA
    or if thats not possible
    Right after your workout before your post-workput shake

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Shouldn't you only do cardio in the morning on empty stomach if you are trying to realy cut or to overweight? I heard you loose a lot of fat and most importantly a lot of MUSCLE from doing this.

Just curious.

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by BiosThornton
    Shouldn't you only do cardio in the morning on empty stomach if you are trying to realy cut or to overweight? I heard you loose a lot of fat and most importantly a lot of MUSCLE from doing this.

Just curious.

who want's to lose a lot of muscle???

You dont lose muscle if your diet is right .In fact you can gain muscle as you cut . Remember its your diet that has mostly to with your growth just becouse you do cardio does not mean that you are going to lose muscle .I found this out through swolecat I wanted to diet lose fat yet build muscle at the same time .So you dont lose muscle just becouse of cardio . Now can you if you dont know what you are doing lose muscle at the same time as fat with cardio YES!

well, my diet is rite but wouldn't running first thing in the morning - and then eating 5 meals a day..... be pointless? wouldn't i be putting the calories rite back on?

No its not pointless . I guess to some one who doesnt know how to diet and cardio yes it would be pointless . Icould go into all that doing cardio in the morning when you have an empty stomach would do for you but it would just lead to more debate and I dont like writeing pages and pages of stuff to prove something to someone who may or may not have their mind made up already about the topic .I think the best thing for you to do would be get more advice and chose an answer that is pleasing to your ear .whether fact or fiction .If it sounds like it would work for you do it however doing cardio when you get up on an empth stomach is very relative and not pointless if your goal is to lose fat and add mass.

only thing i wanna know is if i should run after my last meal.... after my work out.... in the morning?

i've been running rite after my work out - it helps alot but i have to run harder to burn off the calories from Breakfast & Lunch.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    I don't even do cardio, im trying to bulk right now, besides i spend 5 days lifting, and i dont really want to be in the gym 7 days a week just to run those days i have left, cuz those are rest days. AND if i ran on the days i lifted, that would just take energy away from my lifting abilities. so i guess ill just leave cardio until im ready for cutting, what do you think?

well, if you're tring to add mass then you don't wanna do cardio. i'm tring to drop my body fat % from 11 to about 5 - 8% so i do ALOT of cardio. i worked out today for about 45mins and then i did 5miles of Cardio. tomorrow is my rest day so i'll only be doing 1.5 miles of Cardio.

i guess it really doesn't matter when you do cardio, long as you do it. i would rather do it after my last meal cuz i know how many calories i consume daily and i have a monitor that tells me how many calories i burn after so many miles. only thing i have to do is burn the # of calories i consume and then some.

Thread Information