helicopter211 is offline New Member

Any advantage to training with a partner?

This is a question for those of you who have worked out solo and with a partner(I have never trained with a partner).

I imagine working out with a partner has it's ups and down. If you need a partner to stay motivated(which is, according to journalistic fare such as Men's Health, one of the benefits) than something is wrong.

So what are the benefits for SERIOUS trainers(i.e. most people on AR)?

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i train alone, the only reason i'd want a partner would be for a spotter...fortunately the guys who train when i do keep an eye out for me, should i get stuck

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

let's see....

increased intensity, forced reps, negative only workouts, higher adherance, etc.i'd say there are advantages!!!

Short_Guy is offline Junior Member
    Partyboy nailed it--I can't workout without a partner due to all the reasons he mentioned.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I can't workout with a partner dot to the fact, unless they're as dedicated as me they usually don't come back after one or two sessions with me. Not to mention my schedule is so hectic I show up at the gym at different times. If I need a spot or something I just grab somebody that's standing around.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i workout solo all the time, but when i get an opportunity to train with a partner i never pass it up.training with a partner allows me to go full out,
    but when i'm by myself i gotta take things into more consideration. i got a few brothas that would spot me when i'm there but i dont feel like bugging them all the time. so i dont really go max heavy when i dont have a spot

Thread Information