RockyX is offline Senior Member

Chest and tris twice a week?

I have been doing my chest and tris twice a week for about 2 months now, things have been going ok but now what I would like...I lift chest and tris every Monday and Thursday because I heard it takes about 3 days for your muscles to completely recover. Anyways, now I am worrying about over-training them, so I am wondering...is it bad to do them twice a week? Should I switch to once a week?? Please get back to me.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Well what are your goals? Are you training with a powerlifting or bodybuilding type of workout?

xxxl83

Well originally it was with a powerlifting goal, but powerlifting is over now, and I guess my goal is more of a body building one now.

xxxl83 is offline Productive Member
    Well then it depends on how you train. If you train heavy and go til failure then twice a week maybe too much.
    You need to see what works for you personally.
    Being young you may be able to get away with 2 intense workouts a week and still be able to recover. However if you find your workouts are going down hill then cut back to maybe one heavy and one light day. If you're still not recovering well enough then cut back to once a week.
    This is where a training journal becomes most useful, record your workouts and adjust however you may need to.

xxxl83

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    stick to a muscle group once a week and really blast it...

from another post, don't forget to work your back and legs, lifting isn't all about tri's and chest

I also rarely get sore when I lift and I wonder if this is a bad thing. I do get sore lower body but that is because I do such heavy weight: 315 X 8, 365 X 6, 405 X 5. But I rarely get sore in my upper body....after a while is it okay not to get sore anymore because I swear I'm pushing out as many as possible.

yellows2k is offline Member
    Soreness is an indicator of how much lactic acid built up there is in your muscle.

It IS NO WAY an indicator of how good/bad a workout or how much u are progressing

So why do you want to get sore? Just like that feeling?

HELL NO....well it's not that I don't like the feeling but...well is it just me or does it seem like every time you get sore someone can secretly sense it and knows exactly where to hit you to bring you the most pain???? Anyways thanks for the response I was just wondering because I had always heard that you are not tearing down the muscle enuff if you're not sore....that's what I get for living in a little hick shit town.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Where do you live? And yes I know what you're talking about how people know exactly where your sore spots are located. As for the wokouts go once a week per muscle group except calves and abs which you can do just about every other day.

I'm from Dallas.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I am lifting chest twice a week right now too got a weightlifting comp. in 2 weeks i do it on mon. and Friday and make sure you have a good DIET

Thread Information