PumP~N~Swole is offline Associate Member

Question Losing weight cutting up help

Hello everyone I have a cycle of 500mg 250 test never cycled before but I'm not sure if I should use it just as yet. I have some body fat to get rid of and if I cut up first and lose some body fat. Then go on the cycle and eat hard I think it would be better maybe than going ahead and taking it then cutting and cardio crazy and probably lose alot of what the cycle helped especially if I start doing more reps and not heavy heavy weight. Can you guys give me some serious help on losing bodyfat and cutting up. At the moment I'm just lifting heavy and trying to do cardio but I can't lose any bodyfat that way so I'm thinking of just stopping what im doing and start cutting. For cutting care to tell me calorie intake,carb, protein I keep at 250-300 regardless and fat intake also how long I should do cardio for 30 or 45 min at what heart rate the cardio bikes say for fatburn 128 but I never get a work out even for hours worth cardio is around 158-160 I do alittle then for how many days a week. After I get to low bf and cut I'll go back to bulk and use my cycle not sure yet you guys help me out if you will. Once I get my plan and get transformed I'll post before and after pics let me know thanks. If possible I'd like to keep bulking and lose body fat but not sure if its possible thanks.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    What are your stats??? Height, weight, experience......

17 1/2 arms, 210lb, 6,0ft, 2 years on and off training.

I know for the most part 3-4 times a week at 30-45 min cardio
    and ect. but everyone seems to have a different take on things. I would like to keep what I'm doing just burn fat and keep my size but thats the both of best worlds.

If you're wanting to lean out I wouldn't bother messing with the AS yet. Just find your maintanance calories and go 500 below that in order to lose maximum fat and minimum muscle. Slowly drop your calories each week until you notice about 1lb of weight loss per week and hold it there. You can add in the morning cardio to help maximize your weight loss. Oh damn I see you want to lose bf and gain muscle.....if you want try what I said and another smart bro who could help you way more than me is SwoleCat.....try pming him and see if he can help ya.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    take your current weight - mulitply that by 12 - subtract 500 from that number - eat that many calories and you'll drop alittle over 2lbs of fat per week.

Well that formula is a good starting point, but you will need to change it a bit. Everyones body is different so.....like me for example, if I were to use that formula I'd have to go just a bit lower for my maintanance number.

thanks guys, In that formula do you all care to tell me what each stand for that determins weight loss. for example my weight is 210x12-500=2020. What exactly does the 12 stand for and I guess 500 is subtracting 500 calories.. THanks again.

i can't remember what 12 stands for but i got the formula from www.bodybuilding.com

you don't have to subtract 500 calories if you don't want too. 210 x 12 = 2520. if you eat that many calories, along with excersizing - you'll drop 2lbs per week. if you subtract 500 calories from that number, and excersize - it should make for a great cutting diet as long as you keep your carbs low.

Thanks, Now if I want to keep my gains as well will this work or will it cut down my muscle gains as well. Right now I just want to drop bodyfat but keep muscle.

keep your protein intake high and your fats high while having low carbs and you'll keep your gains. take your current weight and multiply that by 15 - eat that many calories and you'll keep your body mass.

all depends on what you wanna do:

Gain muscle & Burn fat = high protein / low carbs / low calories
    Gain muscle = high protein / some carbs / some fats
    Burn fat = low calories / low carbs / medium protein

I got a question for you domestic. How can you gain muscle with out carbs. I know you can cut your carbs high protein and burn fat but with out carbs how can you gain muscle not only that your energy would be low as hell. Another thing is from what I've been reading and experienced is if you don't eat enough calories you don't gain muscle either. By this line here Gain muscle & Burn fat = high protein / low carbs / low calories do you mean keep what you already have instead of gain. I'm kinda blurried on some of what you said let me know and others know anything please assist as well. I'm wanting to burn this fat but keep my gains and gain lean mass to look spider veined and cut to shreds thanks.

Thread Information