HiFi is offline Associate Member

losing motivation

well this always happens to me, 3 months of dedication and now its started to get screwed up. with exams and everything i was not gettin much sleep so i couldnt work out, and this past week ive not worked out at all except chest, and my eating hasnt been great, you think this is going to have a bad effect on whatever i actually gained?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    1 week....nope. If you have alot going on this week or the next couple of weeks, try and keep your diet in check and maybe 3 times a week in the gym. Once your schedule calms down hit hard again. Good luck.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    if you're losing motivation to work out then you're obviously working out for the wrong reasons. working out should be for yourself so you'll feel good about yourself, not to get pussy.

Hey Domestic....before you start jumping on the poor guy, did you read his post. Some peoples schedules get crazy time form time and it's hard to get to the gym. I've been there before and understand where he's coming from, so try "reading" what he said before making comments like that. Thanks.

thebrain is offline New Member
    yeah Domestic...dont be such a d!@k

HiFi ....i know what your going through man i am having the same problems but they have never really hurt me before the only way it would hurt you is if you didnt hit the weights hard after your schedule calms down like big-texan said.....Just keep it up
    Last edited by thebrain; 05-09-2003 at 01:38 PM.

man fuck you both. he didn't say shit about not having the time to get to the gym... he just says that he hasn't worked out and didn't get much sleep and blah blah.

so next time, both you fuckers try "reading" what he posts instead of talking shit to me.

Domestic.........grow up!!!!! and he does say about having exams so why don't you shut the f*** up and read what's been posted jack azz!

DrJay73 is offline Associate Member
    First off...do you listen to music while you are working out? I don't mean what they are playing in the gym either. One of the best ways I've found that helps motivation is being able to listen to certain songs that really get you fired up while you are working out! I have an MP3 player and I frequently change up the songs and I've found it really makes a big difference. Whether it's Limp Bizkit or Metallica - whatever gets your juices flowing can really push you through a workout!

well this always happens to me, 3 months of dedication and now its started to get screwed up. with exams and everything i was not gettin much sleep so i couldnt work out, and this past week ive not worked out at all except chest, and my eating hasnt been great, you think this is going to have a bad effect on whatever i actually gained?

hm, where does it say anything about exams?

Re: losing motivation

Originally posted by HiFi
    its started to get screwed up. with exams and everything
    Dumbestic whats wrong you cant read......i think he means that with exams and everyhting it was drawing alot of energy out of him and he had a lack of sleep most likely b/c he was studying (which i can relate) ........and even though he wasnt gonna be working out would it affect his gains..............so chill out man and read the thread a little better and give the man a little slack........how old are you 12

DrJay is right with the music i bought an MP3 player it really gets me pumped with no distractions
    Last edited by thebrain; 05-09-2003 at 09:07 PM.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Originally posted by Domestic

hm, where does it say anything about exams?
    In the first line of his post. To be 19 years old you act more like a 12 year old. Not really sure what your problem is but your posts are pretty ignorant.

Re: Re: losing motivation

Originally posted by thebrain

Dumbestic whats wrong you cant read......i think he means that with exams and everyhting it was drawing alot of energy out of him and he had a lack of sleep most likely b/c he was studying (which i can relate) ........and even though he wasnt gonna be working out would it affect his gains..............so chill out man and read the thread a little better and give the man a little slack........how old are you 12

DrJay is right with the music i bought an MP3 player it really gets me pumped with no distractions
    You better recognize brain, this guy is 19 years old, 234lbs@6'2", 11%BF,
    and has been training for a whole 9 months. Oh yea, and he lifts over 300 pound according to one of his posts, not sure on what exercise but its over 300 pounds. He is a stud.

LOL, sarcasim is my friend

BIG R is offline Member
    Man, Domestic Violence if you get anymore tore up by the locals here at AR there be nothing left of you!!! Relax and just chill-out......no need to lock horns with people that can help you achieve a personal goals. We are all cool customers here.......try not to make enemies so early in the program.

Anyhow, the issue at hand here is motivation.........Now if you mentioned finals........ That takes priority over the workouts (you spent good money on school fees dont waste them!). You just need to get your ass back in the door brotha! It is hard to get back working out but after the first week back things will return to normal.
    Oh, and what Dr.Jay said about the MP3 player......its totally true! Helps a whole lot.

Peace

R

Your right solidj55 he might even tell his mom on me ......yeah he lifts 300 lbs every time he gets his fat butt out of bed and judging from his reading skills i would say he is gonna spend a couple more years in high school too
    Last edited by thebrain; 05-09-2003 at 10:51 PM.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Bro if your haveing a hard time geting into the gym try a whole body workout one day a week it works .Maybe something like this
    squats 2x12
    bench 2x12
    pull ups 2xfailure
    pullovers 1x15
    shoulder press 1x15
    dips 1x12
    hammer curls 2x12
    I was doing this for awhile becouse I had no time to lift it worked great I added size and was in and out withen an hour .Good luck brother .Domestic you gots to chill bra ! no place for haters here
    Last edited by cdog; 05-09-2003 at 10:09 PM.

Originally posted by thebrain
    ......yeah he lifts 300 lbs every time he gets his fat butt out of bed

lol.. fat? hm iight...

anyways, i apologize bout that cuz i didn't see the "exam" thing in there or else i wouldn't have commented. but anyways - check out this pic and tell me how fat i really am.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails losing motivation-domestic-pic.jpg  

alright i admit it your not fat your looking pretty good but you shouldnt have been skipping class to go work out b/c i think it took its toll on you .......just messing you with dumbestic ...just be alittle bit easier on all the members here. they might not be as dedicated as you or just dont know what they are doing and that is why they became a member ....to learn...which is why i joined....so just cut us all some slack

plus how do i know thats really you in the pic....i read a post you submitted earlier and it said you liked to jerk off and you wouldnt have to do that if you had a woman and if you look like the guy in the pic i dont think you would have problem finding a woman....unless they dump you b/c they find out their I.Q. is more than triple yours........and you say "and uh" in between each word...

Last edited by thebrain; 05-10-2003 at 12:47 PM.

actually bro - i'm smarter then what you give me credit for. i would much rather goof off and have fun then to act all smart & shit. my SAT scores speak for themselves. and btw, i'm 18 - not 19. and if you don't think thats me.. PM me on Yahoo Messenger sometime and i'll get on webcam. i have 1000018374908712348907 pics also.

and the fat jokes, i don't take kindly too cuz i use to be fat. when i was 15 i was 250lbs and i was pressing 185lbs. thats pretty much when i started working out. just recently is when i started taking it serious and commiting myself to it. now i'm 234lbs and i press 375lbs max.

and about the woman thing - yea, i've had my share of pussy but i ain't interested in that. i want alittle more from a girl then just her ass cuz that shit ain't hard to get at all. and plus, i just got out of a relationship and i'm not interested in fucking another girl or being with another girl so masturbation works fine for me now. =)

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    This needs to stop now. Flaming won't be tolerated on this board by anyone.

HiFi,
    I wouldn't stress over it. I usually take a month off every year to recharge. Big Texan had the right idea on this one.

Rickson domestic is a punk and he needs to learn respect not that he will learn it here but I think he needs to know that as long as he is a member around here you dont tell Senior members to shut the fuk up when they are giveing good advice or anybody for that matter .

Originally posted by Domestic

lol.. fat? hm iight...

anyways, i apologize bout that cuz i didn't see the "exam" thing in there or else i wouldn't have commented. but anyways - check out this pic and tell me how fat i really am.
    LOL nice gun.

BIG R is offline Member
    DUMESTIC has some seriouse Issues if he thinks that a dumbass PIC of him with a gun will intimidate people here. Sorry, you are in the wrong board and the more you try to be stupid with us the more you are going to get labled by the more seroiuse members of AR! Go try to fit in the "I am a over-masterbating Teenager with issues" board.
    GET OUT OF HERE!

Well I also have a hard time believing that is him. He is 19 years old and been training less than a year and looks like that???

oh yeah and dont forget all natural and just started lifting 8 mo ago.
    This guys a jerk off and he needs to go. Every time he says something its disrespectfull not just on this thread but others .

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Am I the only one who saw what Rickson wote? - go back and read his post and then make sure everyone does that - that goes for everyone! - and get back to the topic at hand

Domestic - might want to stick to pics with a BB theme - sounds like you have a right to be proud of what you have accomplished - dont screw up what respect you should earn around here by "I wanna be a punk thugz, look at my gun" pics - you arent the only one here with an arsenal and the willingness to use it - after all, we arent all Canadians on this board

well i apologize i should be sticking to the topic at hand .......your right rickson i wont mess with domestic anymore or any other member i will just let it be if i think they are just an imature kid with their daddy's gun .........sorry to every one....and cdog i dont think domestic will ever learn he will always think he is right i wont entertain him anymore by writing any more reply's to him..
    HiFi ......take big texans advice
    peace

Agreed..........

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    Wow, Hi Fi, I hope you got your question answered??????? Anyone care for a Midol?

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by CYCLEON
    pics - you arent the only one here with an arsenal and the willingness to use it - after all, we arent all Canadians on this board
    Yeah....stupid Canadians...they think they're all high and mighty because of there strict gun control laws and the fact that they're good at hockey and geography. There's too many friggin Canuks on this board if you ask me

And guys, back off of Domestic, he may have snapped a little but he's still new and getting a feel for the board. If you read his threads you will also see that he nutted up and apologized "anyways, i apologize bout that cuz i didn't see the "exam" thing in there or else i wouldn't have commented." So lets all be friends.

Big Al is offline Retired Moderator
    anyway I heard that the majority of 17 inch TFT screens are not bullet proof.

Thread Information