superjew is offline Associate Member

Do you buy this?

I'm been reading alot lately about HIT lifting routines and the like. Some of these routines only have you lifting 3 days a week and doing 3-4 sets per bodypart! And so many people SWARE it is the best training method that exists. Lifting 3 days a week and doing 3-4 sets per body part seems more like a fitness program, not a bodybuilding program. I have NEVER seen someone with an impressive physique that follows this type of training program. Have any of you? Whenever I see someone in the members pictures forum with a impressive physique, I always ask about their training. The answers are almost always 4-5 days a week, about 12 sets per body part. So if this HIT is so great, where are the real world examples? No flame intended for you low volume guys, I'm just stumped at this point.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    The only way I can see that being beneficial is if you were trying to push past a platau. Taking a week or 2 off a few times a year can get you past those plataus becasue of the shock your body gets when it returns to it's old routine.
    This I can see on this routine. Instead of taking time completely off, you incorporate this for a month and then go back to your old routine. I take it as just another way off switching things up to keep the muscles guessing.

I know I could not grow on that low of volume training for an extended period of time because I've tried it. Not that low and infrequent but about half what I do now.

yellows2k is offline Member
    This type of training is effective if you have strong mind-muscle connection. Every workout session is balls to the wall intensity, hence the name High Intensity Training...

I believe Dorian Yates follows HIT, correct me if I am wrong...

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    i like masturbating

Dorians workouts are listed on his site. His chest workout was like 11 sets I believe. Though he and Mentzer only counted the sets that they took to failure as sets. So by that logic I only do 3 sets for chest instead of 12. By the way, a few years ago I read something Arnold said about Mentzer a long time ago. He stated that he and many others had watched Mike do 16 sets for chest on many occasions. Though Mike told the public it was 4 sets because those are the ones he took to failure.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by Domestic
    i like masturbating
    What the hell is your deal? You keep posting stupid azz sh** like this.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    lmao. i dunno - i thought it was funny when i posted it.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    What the hell is your deal? You keep posting stupid azz sh** like this.
    I second that.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Domestic
    lmao. i dunno - i thought it was funny when i posted it.

Just try and act a bit more mature my friend. There is nothing wrong with joking around with the other members or making funny comments but your comment to this thread was quite off base and NOT FUNNY by any means. I am sure if you keep acting in the manner you displayed here your stay with in this board will be short lived, so please stick around and make the best of it for the other members and yourself!
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Bump for more thoughts....

cdog is offline Associate Member
    I agree you are a freakin dumbas$ domestic why dont you find another board .I think its time you GO punk !

Superjew HIT does work for alot of guys.The reason you only do a couple of working sets is becouse the training is so intense that you would not be able to do anymore volume.You can train hard or you can train long but you cant do both .So if one cant do the intensity than they would need more volume for growth however mentzer said that everything must be takin to total failure .Now as far as guys on this board doing HIT the numbers may be low however go to another site like gotfina.com and almost everybody over there is doing HIT .I guess it comes down to can you be intense to the point of failure withen a couple of working sets. If you can then HIT would be great for you if on the other hand you work to a point of almost failure than this program would not work for you .Peace.

His comments were silly yes, but I'm surprised everyone is so irritated by them. This must be a pattern with this guy for him to get these responses. Though I did see his picture with him holding his gun. I was VERY impressed! Guns are really really cool! When you have a gun you should always post pics of yourself holding it all tough like! Quite impressive, quite impressive indeed.

Yeah it is a pattern of disrespect .And as far as that little gun pic SO WHAT this guys a punk and in the real world he never pull that out .

I was wondering when some of you low volume guys would chime in cdog! I don't know that it's either intensity OR volume, I think you can have both. Though I would say that intensity is more important than volume. You can't go in and do 12 sets for chest with a weight that isn't challenging and expect to grow a whole lot. Especially if you are doing a less than intense set and taking 3 minutes between them (I see this alot at my gym sadly) I've just noticed that everyone with a good physique seems to have volume in common. I really want to see some real world examples for HIT.

By the way cdog, I know you are working with Swolecat on your diet. Are your workouts based on his advice as well?

I dont know bro I think its just another way to do something .There are so many ways to lift its almost like golf .I have seen russian routines that are huge volume and they grow I have seen including my self growth from low volume high intensity training .I am now doing a powerlifting cycle three days a week and thats working out great also and Iam doing squats bench and deads 3 days a week .I thought I would never do so much volume however out of those 3 days there is only one working day the others a recovery days .So again all kind of ways brother thats whats I like about this sport .I think the main problem is overtraining and recovery if a guy can train his muscles more offten the better However that same guy would need to be recovering as he lifts and that is what's great about HIT it gives you the time needed to recover from a program like that .Peace

No swolecat has his own lifting program and its not HIT .I like doing the HIT on his program becouse I was able to focus on cardio .So by doing
    HIT training 2 days a week and the cardio every day it worked out real good .

Thread Information