Dr.Roid is offline New Member

Semen Retention vs. Active Sex/Chronic Masterbation

There's been some studys that show an athlete may have higher testosterone peaks if they don't masterbate. On the same note, there has also been scientific studies that prove an athlete who has sex right before they compete can deliver better results and have higher testosterone levels .

I'm asking everyone's opinion whether they think that someone with semen retention or someone who is sexually active almost every day/masterbates everyday would have higher natural testosterone levels.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    If I have sex before a workout I feel sluggish and quite the opposite in reverse, I will never blow my load before a workout, it makes for a shit workout, could be in my head...

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    If I have sex before a workout I feel sluggish and quite the opposite in reverse, I will never blow my load before a workout, it makes for a shit workout, could be in my head...
    lol, same here! Although I've gotten road head on the way to a soccer game before and played lights out (scored 2 goals)! Soccer and lifting weights are two different things though.

2fat2function is offline New Member
    Idk I had sex the night before my football game one time and recorded 4 sacks, 6 tfl's , a total of 12 tackles , a safety and a forced fumble from te defensive tackle position and I had a motor that didn't stop that game ... Soo maybe ?

cherrydrpepper is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    This topic comes up a lot.. personally I think any testosterone changes from jacking or not would be minimal. I will say this. If you are pursuing a hot girl, not jacking is beneficial. You will pursue much harder.

DangerDave is offline Associate Member
    This question has interested me for awhile and Ive experimented with both. I find no difference in my gym/sport performance either way personally

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover
    yep....just feel like crap and kinda dragging on to the next equipment....I asked my boxing coach one time why my legs kept on goin numb while we were sparring and he asked me id had sex within the last two days....the answer was yes....so maybe its somethin to it

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I find sex hinders my max strength if I work out shortly after however taking a big crap seems to help for some reason.

BodyEnglish is offline New Member
    No sexual activity gives me better performance at the gym. I just think of the female trainers.

Having sex with my significant other has little / no effect on the actual workout.

Jacking makes me weak everywhere (at work, gym), gets me tired, etc.

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    X2
    I wont have sex in the morning for this reason on week days. I feel wasted by noon if I do

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I've probably masterbated en route to the gym and don't feel a lick of difference , guess everyone is different

Armykid93 is offline Productive Member
    X2 but the sex is always phenomenal after lol

Blitz777 is offline Associate Member
    I just have to laugh at the phrase "semen retention." An interesting way to put it.

noon is offline Senior Member
    It's all good for me can set one free wash up and hit the gym solid

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your body releases various chemicals and hormones following an orgasm. The reason for being tired or sleepy after ejaculation is due to a release of a bunch of brain chemicals, including serotonin, oxytocin, vasopressin, nitric oxide, and prolactin. The release of prolactin is linked to the feeling of sexual satisfaction, and it also controls the “recovery time”...the time you must wait before being ready for another round. Studies have also shown that men that are deficient in prolactin have faster recovery times. Prolactin levels are naturally higher during sleep. There's a strong link between prolactin and sleep, so it’s likely that the release of prolactin during orgasm causes you to feel sleepy. Two other chemicals oxytocin and vasopressin, are released during orgasm, and are also associated with sleep. Their release usually accompanies the release of melatonin, the main hormone that regulates your body clock. Oxytocin can also reduce stress levels, which again could lead to relaxation and sleepiness. So that's why it isn't good to go to the gym right after a roll in the hay.

Papa Smurf is offline Senior Member
    if i have sex before a workout i feel sluggish and quite the opposite in reverse, i will never blow my load before a workout, it makes for a shit workout, could be in my head...
    x2!!!!!!!

Dr.Roid is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitz777 View Post
    I just have to laugh at the phrase "semen retention." An interesting way to put it.
    Just mean sexually active/fapping active vs no sex and no masterbation

thai007goy is offline Junior Member
    From my person experience I had sex before a basketball game, I played lights out. played from start to end. When I have had sex before working out I can't lift a damn thing.

951thompson is offline Senior Member
    I've been playing around with semen retention recently, I read a study done recentlyby the Chinese. Using 26 men, they was no noticeable change in testosterone levels for the first 6 days, however on the 7th day test levels spiked to as high as 150 above base. Levels remained high until the 10th day, then they dropped back to where they started. The experiment was 20 + days long, they has never been long term semen retention studies, so the effects long term are pretty unknown.
    What I've decided to do with what I have learned from this study is to do a ten day cycle. So I start, then on the 7th day testosterone spikes for 3 days til the 10th day (allegedly). So I beat my meat on the night of the 10th day. Then the next day the 10 day cycle starts over again. Im on my 2nd cycle and let me tell you im as horny as a mofo, like a dog on heat. You notice women alot more when you ain't busted one out for ten days. You become, the word pervert comes to mind.lol

Google for the Chinese study if interested, lots of data out there about it.

Thread Information