thebrain is offline New Member

just wanted to know something about my chest workout

ok guys i know you have helped people with this before and i have been searching the forum for hours and it really has helped but i just want some opinions about mine............i love doing chest i do it twice a week (i am chemically enhanced right now) i have proper form and everything and i only use dumbells.....i have gotten great results........my problem is this i dont get to sore any more i have switched my work out and am doing decline flys with dumbells first then moving to incline, flat, and decline presses........i did get sore from this work out
    my question is 1)is this routine good for bulking 2)should i always get sore after a workout b/c getting sore after a workout is rarely happening now 3) i will be taking clomid in about 2 days when should i slow down my exercise to once a week with rest days(just finished cycle of fina)
    i would apprecaite any suggestions on anything i could do
    thanks guys
    thebrain
    Last edited by thebrain; 05-13-2003 at 11:57 AM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    1 I would start with incline or flat first than move on to decline
    2 No getting sore is no way to measure a workout, not getting sore just shows your in better condition than when you started this routine
    3 I'd start slowing down next week.

i was just trying to "pre-exhaust" my chest as i have heard other members call it.....should i do this when bulking
    and i was gonna try cable crossovers useing one hand at at time while the other was on my chest to make sure i got the squeeze down (got that from another member too) where would i incorporate that into my workout or should i even try it......
    just looking to get bigger guys
    thanks big tex for the input

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    you're wanting to bulk up your chest correct? alright, try some dumbbell bench press (flat) with sets of 4 with 8 - 12 reps and build your weight up as you go along. Pec Deck Fly Machine also helps with bulking of the chest. as for declines, i don't really think they help with bulking, try Incline presses and maybe a chest press machine. make sure your chest muscle gets fully stretched when pressing.

example:

Dumbbell Bench Press

1 set = 200lbs
    1 set = 250lbs
    1 set = 300lbs
    1 set = 325lbs

*note* that is actual weight from my workout, don't use that much if you can't push it. just giving an example.

cdog is offline Associate Member
    Whatever you do get the f out of pre-exhaust trust me when you go back to regular bench or db press you will be weak .You will lose so much of strength on pre-exhaust I know I found out the hard way .

ok guys i think i will switch up my workout again and just go back to flat incline and decline with some fly's
    thanx for the help guys

flexgolf is offline Member
    sounds good....id always do something flat first. barbell bench seems to work better for bulking because its a better compound muscle group exercise than flat dumbells. doin flat barbell bench, or even incline barbell bench allows u to work more muscles in one movement....thats why people bench more then the combined dumbell weight. and in bulking u want to focus on working compound muscle groups....so try to stick to barbell instead of dumbells.

-however, dumbells are typically better used for shaping muscles so they can be applied to cutting cycles

thanks flexgolf that information was very useful and greatly appreciated...........
    thanks for the info
    thebrain

Thread Information