Thread: Ab's Routine

NeverMindThe is offline New Member

Unhappy Ab's Routine

Hello All,
    I am a rookie to the body sculpting world..... So i'll need all the help i can get.
    Q: I workout 5 days a week, my stomach needs a lot of work. Should i workout my abs everytime i go to the gym? or is there a downtime that my Abs need to recoop?? Please advise.

peam is offline Suspended
    Your abs are the only muscles that doesn't need to rest a day between working it out. It's something about some kind of tissues in it... I don't know. This is just what I'm told. I do abs everyday.....
    Last edited by peam; 05-13-2003 at 07:45 PM.

chinups Guest
    Everyone hs different beliefs. I use to do abs 4-5 x a week but now have downgraded to 2-3. If you work them hard u should not be able to do them the next day, they should be sore. But then again peam is a sexy surfer girl.

Peam-are you watching that surfer girl thing on mtv??

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Abs are a small muscle group and need very little recovery time. If needed you can work them everyday. I've personally get better results evryother day.

no... I'm not... I didn't know there was a surfer girl thing on MTV. I never said my abs weren't sore. I was just told that you don't need to let them rest between working them out. I like working my abs when they're sore anyways... don't know why... but I do.

chinups Guest
    There is a show on MTV that like 20 hot ass surfer chis compete to go the the nationals or some huge contest. Every girl is hot, you should check it out...............And there bad ass on the waves too.........

chinups Guest

Abs

There are so many ab routines that you can do and alot of them work different angles and different abs. If you are smart and plan it out you can prob do abs everyday, I just would not do the same exercises. FOr instance, you can do alot of high ab work and then the next day do lower abs or obliques. The site below is pretty mcuh full of shit but they do have alot of exercises and examples.

Check out site

http://www.sixpacknow.com/preview3.html

another reality tv show huh? sounds like I'll have to watch it

NeverMindThe is offline New Member
    Thanks for the advice. I will keep working on my abs everyday and keep you all posted as to my progress. Regards, NeverMindThe

flexgolf is offline Member
    dont work muscles if theyre sore....even abs

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    I've been doing a bunch of core exercies lately, lots of rotation and stuff and my abs have looked much better than ever before.

sd11 is offline Banned
    NeverMindThe:
    First off if you want to improve your abs you have to lose fat. If you fail to reduce the fat over the muscle all the ab work in the world will do nothing in terms of appearance, the fat over the top will remain the same whether or not you do ab work. To bring out definition (Overload the Muscle) train your abs the same way you train other muscle groups, do you train your shoulders or arms everyday with very light weight and hundreds of repetitions? I hope not! If you are looking to produce definition, workout at a high intensity and give yourself 48hrs between sessions.

As for the belief that you can train abs everyday thats based on the assumption your not training hard enough to produce strength and size gains. Doing hundreds of crunches with minimum intensity is endurance training, and generally will do little to increase the size of the muscle and consequently not give you the definition you're after.

KappaKracker69 is offline New Member
    Most core exercises along with plenty of stretching and clean dieting will give you the abs you want. However, it sure as hell doesn't hurt to work them by themselves. Furthermore, I don't really agree with working them everyday, but some people can do that. The reason you can work abs 2-4 times a week is because they are, as others said, smaller muscles and also...they are stabilizers in almost every movement you make in everyday life, so they are accustomed to being used and abused all the time. Therefore, they recover quicker than other muscles. I usually weight-train mine 3 times a week and I have gotten great results with that. Also, Strongman training will you give you big, thick abs...even if you don't do Strongman comps
    Allen

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    to define your abs, you'll need to loose fat & make your abs strong at the same time. the way to do this is drop your carbs to about 0 - 30g per day. and when you work your abs, use Resistance. doing crunchs & situps will never give you a 6 pak. think about it, when training biceps, do you curl just the bar? NO! you curl the bar w/ weight (resistance). so use resistance when training the abs. Seated Crunchs are pretty much the best thing to do. unless you cheat and buy Smart Abs like i did.

Low Carbs + Cardio + Resistance Training = 6 pak

o'yea - that Surfer thing on MTV is a contest to give a girl a chance to make it as a professional surfer. IMO, they arn't that hott either.
    Last edited by Domestic; 05-19-2003 at 08:02 AM.

Thread Information