solidj55 is offline Member

Here i am at the police academy, my workouts are awesome

I have had all kinds of time to lift since i am down here. here is what i have been doing.

Mon
    Dumbell Incline Press-3 sets
    Dumbell Bench Press- 3 sets
    Dips-3 sets
    Pushdowns-3 sets

Tue
    Chest supported rows- 3 sets
    Pullups- 3 sets
    Hyperextensions- 3 sets
    Straight Bar curls- 3 sets

Thu
    Dumbell Military Press- 3 sets
    Dumbell Side Laterals- 3 sets
    Rear Delt Fly- 3 sets
    Shrugs- 3 sets

Fri
    Leg Press- 3 sets
    Leg Curl- 3 sets
    Calves Standing- 3 sets
    Cable Crunches- 3 sets
    Knee Raises- 3 sets

My diet has been too good but it will be next week. Later guys.

Special "K" is offline New Member
    Good start...you will definitely want to add exercises and sets as you go. Oh yeah...you need to SQUAT. You probably already knew that, though.

Dude I am an experienced lifter trust me I know. I cant squat anymore due to back problems, I was a powerlifter for a long time. There is also no need to add sets/exercises to this routine. Its a solid routine and its all you need. If I were healthy the only difference would be I would squat instead of leg press and deadlift instead of doing hypers.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by solidj55
    I cant squat anymore due to back problems, I was a powerlifter for a long time.
    How many times have I heard this lame excuse..........just playning brother! I know how it goes, I came close to hurting my back and it took me months before I could squat again. I'm glad to hear you're keeping up with your workouts. So how's the academy treating you? Classes boring you to death with all the "procedure talk" and the jargen they call "codes". A buddy of mine recently graduated the SAPD academy and he's been telling me all the codes and laws they had to learn.

I understand you're a former powerlifter, as your profile states. Your profile also says you are trying to "look pretty". All I am saying is that powerlifting experience won't make you look pretty. For instance, abs should probably be done more than once a week.

I thought you were posting your routine for critique, since it was in the workout questions forum. I can see now you are fine the way you are.

i wasnt being a dick or anything dude. but powerlifting exeprience is the best bro. looking pretty is all about diet. hell i was lean and pretty when i was powerlifting in the 165's, 181's, but when i got injured and couldnt do anything but eat lortabs and sleep for 8 weeks i got fat and lazy. i am still trying to get that fat off is what i meant.

Yeah, diet is what I've found too...even without cardio, you can lose a lot of fat if your body type allows for it. I ate tuna and fat free cottage cheese for 4 months and the blubber I had from bulking just fell off. Not the most exciting diet, but that, a shitload of water, egg whites and a few low-fat MRP's dropped me to about 8%. Without cardio.

Good luck with everything.

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    Glad you still are finding time to lift bro, good luck. Have you been OC'd yet?? Wait till you shower that night...

LOL i was OC'd a long long time ago bro, wont have to do that again. I will however be doing fucking DT and some different type shit on the gun range. The only part about this that I hate is the damn classroom shit and the tests. I have a test every week.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    How many times have I heard this lame excuse..........just playning brother! I know how it goes, I came close to hurting my back and it took me months before I could squat again. I'm glad to hear you're keeping up with your workouts. So how's the academy treating you? Classes boring you to death with all the "procedure talk" and the jargen they call "codes". A buddy of mine recently graduated the SAPD academy and he's been telling me all the codes and laws they had to learn.
    Kiss my ass!!! LOL Treating me well thus far. The damn tests are going to suck because I am soo unmotivated to study right now. The info isnt hard, its pretty much what I learned in college and what I have delt with day to day at work for the past 8 months. Its more of a review on that stuff but I still need to study it. I am not to prone to the lifestyle you have to lead down here. The whole military style shit of making your bed a certain way, dressing a certain way, ironing clothes every morning, room/dress inspections, etc but its not hard, I am just used to my rules, if that makes sense. Once I get my ass in gear to study Ill be ok. Week one is over, I plan to use the next 5 weeks to eat correctly and train hard, the last week(week 7) I will not lift because that is a whole week of DT, which means my joints are going to be all fucked up for the week. Keep your fingers crossed that I will freakin get motivated enough to study like i should. Later guys.

About the OC(pepper spray AKA pepper mace), I was certified with it(sprayed, detoxed, etc.) and I must admit that it sucked BUT I was maced once at a bar(in my wild days) and it actually sucked worse. The pepper spray burns your eyes and face a lot worse but it didnt seem to have the respiratory(sp?) effects on me that mace did. Mace took my fucking breath like no other. If you combine the breathing effects of mace with the burning sensation of pepper spray THEN AND ONLY THEN do you have the ultimate non lethal spray.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    i find it funny that you're at a police academy and have all this time to lift when its a known fact that at police academies, you don't usually sleep until about 1am and they wake you up at 4:30am and you RUN everywhere you go. soon as you step outside of a building - you're running.

but yet, you're a powerlifter at a police academy who has all this time to work out. and obvisouly - you must be getting plenty of rest.. what academy you in - "mall security R us?"

Originally posted by Domestic
    i find it funny that you're at a police academy and have all this time to lift when its a known fact that at police academies, you don't usually sleep until about 1am and they wake you up at 4:30am and you RUN everywhere you go. soon as you step outside of a building - you're running.

but yet, you're a powerlifter at a police academy who has all this time to work out. and obvisouly - you must be getting plenty of rest.. what academy you in - "mall security R us?"
    Well buddy, apparently you are more aware of what goes on in STATE POLICE ACADEMYS. I am in a LOCAL police academy that is funded by the DCJS(department of criminal justice services). This what the STATE OF VIRGINIA uses to send COUNTY, CITY, AND TOWN agencies through UNLESS they have their own certified trainers and a place on site to hold academies. I am a COUNTY police officer BUT I WORK IN THE COUNTY JAIL. I am in an 7 WEEK PROGRAM FOR OFFICERS THAT WORK IN THE JAIL, WORK IN THE COURT ROOMS, AND SERVE WARRANTS. THERE IS NOT PT(running), ONLY DT(defensive tactics), GUN RANGE, AND CLASSROOM WORK. ADDTIONALLY, there is also another class going through the academy AND it is a 13 week academy that is for the guys on the road(patroling, serving warrants, etc.) and they also DO NOT RUN EVERY DAY, ALSO WE ALL STAY IN THE SAME DORMS AND WE ARE ALL IN BED BY 2300(11:00pm) EVERY NIGHT AND WAKE UP TIME IS AT 0600(6:00am), ROOM/UNIFORM INSPECTION AT 0745(7:45 am), CLASSES START AT 0800(8:00am) AND RUN TO 1700(5:00pm). Sorry bro but all these myths and so forth that your speaking of are WRONG. Some of the guys training us are former police from all different states, this shit your speaking of DOES go on BUT its usually only the first 1-3 weeks to weed out the sorry asses.

By the way here is the website for the academy I am at right now if you still doubt me. www.swlea.org
    Last edited by solidj55; 05-03-2003 at 12:00 PM.

My quote for the day, Dont speak that which you dont know...

Don't you guys also, have to bear crawl everywhere for like 3 weeks and for like 1 week go with only 20 minutes of sleep everyday and only get to eat once a month?

So have ya got motivated yet to study??? If not than get your lazy ass off the boards and hit the books NOW maggot! Sorry about that...flashbacks kick in every once in awhile. This is just a refresher course kind of then? I know the officers around here every so often have to take these kind of courses to stay up to date on methods and techniques. Well best of luck to ya.

Yea big T, just like a refresher basically. You know how that goes. LOL at the damn bear crawl thing. Its funny how people have these damn misconceptions of things like this.

rxarms is offline Associate Member
    Anyone juicing up over there? I hear the Police are big time roid heads.

Motivated yet? I'm gonna keep bugging ya untill you start hitting the books bro.

Yea Big T, I am motivated now, had my first test this past Monday, I only missed 3 of them. So I have tomorrow and Friday to get those three right or I am kicked out lol, oh well I know the answers so no study for me tonight.

No one in the academy is juicing, most guys are small or fat here, other than a handful that are like me(just moderately muscular). I am sure there are a lot of juicers in law enforcement but most guys here are clean.

Ill need motivation for my 2nd test this monday though, so keep on my ass to study lol.

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    hang in there solid. it gets better, book wise anyway. are you going to be certified in the new taser gun. i just got certified a week ago. it is one hell of a ride. i thought the react belt was tough but compared to the taser gun, its light weight. from reading your past post, it sounds like your academy and the one i went through are the same as far as discipline goes. hang tough bro. oh yea, hit the books.

Good top hear solid....next test is Mon. so I'll let ya have tonight off, but tomorrow and this weekend you'd better hit the books at least for a few hours. Oh hell, look over the books once or twice and you'll have it easy. Good luck.

Farm Boy, I got certified with that about a month ago, so I am certified out, but that was at work. Here at the academy you have to do it again lol.

Big Tex, I hit the books a little tonight then got online and played some Yahoo pool. After class tomorrow ill hit the gym, hit the books, hit the bed. Night guys.

lmao

Sounds like you got it all worked out....keep at it bro!

This test is going to be a bitch, it on the 4th, 8th, 13th Amendments as well as some other Constitutional Law.

lmao
    What?

Hey sloid....pay no attention to Domestic....he does seem to have some advice to share on the boards but other than that he acts real childish. SO how's it all going? Oooohhh the amendmants....good luck, to much to remember.

i didn't mean to seem like an asshole but i just found it funny that everyone else that goes to Police Academies in VA / WV have no time to do anything. i mean, you sometimes only get 1hr of sleep. and they work you so fucking hard that you wouldn't have the energy to work out. but i guess you a different kinda cop? my bad

Innervision is offline Associate Member
    Domestic as was said earlier unless your in the State Police acdemy you only go Mon-Fri and its Not overnight. Thats for sheriffs dept and local PD. Maybe in VA all academies are stay over, but I can tell you most in the country are not unless you are joining the State. As for the State Police you got that right, your time becomes their time for 6 months.

Originally posted by Innervision
    Domestic as was said earlier unless your in the State Police acdemy you only go Mon-Fri and its Not overnight. Thats for sheriffs dept and local PD. Maybe in VA all academies are stay over, but I can tell you most in the country are not unless you are joining the State. As for the State Police you got that right, your time becomes their time for 6 months.
    BINGO.

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    Hey sloid....pay no attention to Domestic....he does seem to have some advice to share on the boards but other than that he acts real childish. SO how's it all going? Oooohhh the amendmants....good luck, to much to remember.
    Its going good, week three is here, had another test today. I got 70 questions right out of 76 so I only have 6 questions to retake on Wednesday. I am begining to like this shit. All I do is sit in class, take notes, and lift weights. I dont study at all except on weekends. The only part I am dreading is the week of DT. I hate having sore joints because I am forced to let an instructor beat up on me lol.

i didn't mean to seem like an asshole but i just found it funny that everyone else that goes to Police Academies in VA / WV have no time to do anything. i mean, you sometimes only get 1hr of sleep. and they work you so fucking hard that you wouldn't have the energy to work out. but i guess you a different kinda cop? my bad
    Dont sweat it dude, I am not an asshole and I dont hold grudges. You say whats on your mind and thats fine its just the way it sounded. Your right about police academys when it comes to the state police. Also some city/county police in WV(my house in virginia is five minutes away from west virginia)go to an academy that is run by the WV State Police so it is rough like what your saying. I am not a different kind of cop its just that our academy is geared more toward the class room and scenarios than it is PT. But there is PT every day here too just not as much. I dont have to do the PT because I am in this school to work in the jail instead of being on the road patrol and warrant service. Anyway, thats about it.

70 out of 76!!!!! Oh hell no! Better luck on Wednesday.

Thread Information