Thread: Tricep Pain!!

Steve2517 is offline New Member

Tricep Pain!!

just today i was doing skull crushers with the bench bar and as i brought the weight down and went to push up i felt a twinge of pain surge through the long head of my tricep .. i had to stop the set .. then i went to do reverse grip after doing pushdowns and i couldnt even bring the bar down the pain was so great .. now it is still hurting when i bend my arm .. any ideas as to what happened ? ? im thinking it could be close to a tear ..
    ive just been going up in weight dramatically from my cycle ..

any help would be great .. asap / /

solidj55 is offline Member
    Not sure what the problem is, I would personally take a week off from the gym, complete rest. If the problem wasnt fixed in a week I would go get some medical advice(xray, mri, whatever it takes)

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    That and ice and heat too. That always helps me when i twinge something.

KappaKracker69 is offline New Member
    It's funny someone said to wait a week, because this just happened to me and I waited a week and I'm fine now I've always had a little tendonitis and I sort of chalked it all up to that, but I'm not completely sure what yours could be. But make sure to get plenty of rest, and don't do any heavy pressing movements of course. I tried doing some VERY light reps with close-grip benches every other day and it seemed to help, as well.
    Allen

Steve2517 is offline New Member
    thanks

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    hell nah man, don't take 1 week off from the gym.... go 2 the doctors first and find out what is wrong and then decide if you need a week off cuz i use to get pain in the muscle below the elbow, and it turned out that it was all related to my bad wrist. so i started taping up my wrist and the pain goes away.

Thread Information