Thread: begin to cut?

HiFi is offline Associate Member

begin to cut?

well i began to bulk i guess in early January and at the time i was around 159 lbs. Today, 4 months later i weigh about 176 lbs. I've increased what i was eating of course, but im not sure if what i gained was fat, or muscle, because stomach looks bigger, and pants are tighter. But. the poundages of weight i can lift have certainly gone up. i was avoiding Cardio cuz i thought it burns muscle, you think i should start running on the treadmill? and begin to cut, or is it too soon for me

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'd at least add cardio even if you decideto keep bulking. 3 times a week shouldn't inhibit gains but just enough to help with fat or at least give your old ticker a workout.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    totally agree with the tex

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member

Re: begin to cut?

Originally posted by HiFi
    well i began to bulk i guess in early January and at the time i was around 159 lbs. Today, 4 months later i weigh about 176 lbs. I've increased what i was eating of course, but im not sure if what i gained was fat, or muscle, because stomach looks bigger, and pants are tighter. But. the poundages of weight i can lift have certainly gone up. i was avoiding Cardio cuz i thought it burns muscle, you think i should start running on the treadmill? and begin to cut, or is it too soon for me
    it all depends on how much cardio you do that will determin if you burn muscle

slecaz is offline New Member
    Depends on how comfortable you are with gaining fat%. Any cardio will inhibit mass gains. I would say four months of a mass cycle is enough. I would trim it down to 8% BF and see what your efforts produced. Two ways to do it, high carb or low carb diet, depends on how much cardio you are willing to perform.

Domestic is offline Associate Member
    hm, bulk up alittle more to maybe 200lbs. then go on a cutting diet and drop down to about 180lbs. that way, when you cut up you'll look alot better and alot more muscular.

Thread Information